_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Colours?
Neonoodle
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 41 posts
Armorama: 41 posts
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2005 - 06:04 AM UTC
Hi all, I`ve been building modesl fora while now, well buying them, they have kinda over took me, i have that many to do now it will keep me busy for a while, hehe, Anyway, my question is this, im currenlt rebuilding a Challenger 1, and building a Accurate armour CARRV, and a Land Rover Wolf (Vehicle i drive everyday, and the Castoff Scimitar LEP kit, (my other "car") how ever, im wondering what makes and colours of paints people use for modern british armour, as all of them are going to be painted the BAOR colours, just woundering whats best.

Also thinking of photoing my progress.

Neil
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
Armorama: 1,050 posts
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2005 - 05:59 AM UTC
Hi Neil and welcome to Armorama.

If using Tamiya colours then "Nato Green" and "Flat Black" are excellent for modern BFG and older BAOR Vehicles.

There are many threads on this site about this and a quick search, particularly in the British Armour section should soon throw up lots of hints and debates.

Here is a Chally 1 with BFG Cam using these two colours and Buff (XF-57) for dusting. It has been weathered with Burnt Sienna wash.

Enjoy.
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2005 - 04:52 PM UTC
What did you use for camo nets?
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
Armorama: 1,050 posts
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2005 - 10:45 PM UTC
Oops, sorry for the delay, missed the question.

If I remember correctly it was medical gauze stretched and painted with Nato green then sprinkled with some dried Parsley or some such herb.
 _GOTOTOP