Hosted by Darren Baker
Russian Black Eagle
merkava8
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 501 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 05:09 PM UTC
Has anyone seen the new russian tank? It's possiably a prototype of a new tank. All I've seen are CGI models of it. The only "live" pics I've seen are with the turret covered with a cam net and a chassis that isn't even the one they are using. From what I know and have seen it has a western style turret (extended bustle) but use can still see the typical Russian pan shaped turret. It also has a chassis that is based on the T 90 but is extended with an extra road wheel giving it more frontal armour. It also has all the new snazzy active armour defense.
Does anyone have any actual pics, sans cam nets, of the Black Eagle? Come on. I'm sure in a group this big we got our "spies":-)

Cheers.
TheCrazedLog
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 23 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 07:42 PM UTC
A little wander round yahoo.com found this:
http://www.nemo.nu/ibisportal/5pansar/5sidor/blackeagle.htm
Thats pretty cool....no guys in the turret.

^a link from that page^
http://the_kitsune.tripod.com/Rifts-Earth-Vehicles/NS_T-12UM1_Black_Eagle_MBT.htm
Not sure what this site is for....seems to be a game of some kind. It mentions a war with Ukraine in 2012...last time I checked we cant predict the future. Things you can do with technology these days....

There you go

Anthony
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 03:19 AM UTC
I dunno about that drawing...the crew looks like it wouldnt fit in there right with the turret ring going through their heads #:-) and not lining up with the drivers hatch that is plainly visiable in the pictures. Also add in the ammo still being in the floor instead of the rear of the turret like the updated Urkaine T-84-120, it just doesnt jive well with what has been said.
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 525 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 05:05 AM UTC
Hmmmmm Interesting, It might make a great Model IF it ever comes into productuion

DAGGER-1
merkava8
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 501 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 02:22 PM UTC
I've got actual pics of the tank but it has cam nets on the turret. When the tank was first seen by western analysts it was on the T90 chassis. But the new chassis is an extended base. I'll see what I can find.
 _GOTOTOP