Hosted by Darren Baker
Woodland Scenics' Trees?
SexinmyLS1
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 63 posts
Armorama: 61 posts
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2005 - 05:52 PM UTC
Have any of you ever used Woodland Scenics' "Realistic Tree Kits" trees? They have a pack of 42 pine trees (2-4") and another of 36 hardwood trees (3/4-3") that I can get for around $15 (US) each.

I provided a link below so you can see the quality of the trees, they are plastic trunks that you add the provided foliage to. I figured for 1/72 scale, those are perfect since the detail of real wood is barely neccessary, if at all. (If you can't tell, with the need of almost 80 trees, I'm building a BIG diorama. )

http://www.sceneryexpress.com/prodinfo.asp?number=WD1101

- John
Parks20
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 737 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2005 - 11:35 PM UTC
John,
The link didn't work, but I think I know which trees you are talking about. I've never used the tree kits, but I have used the pre-fab trees that WS makes. It's the same material and I really like them. If you are making a lot of trees, you may want to take a look at www.scenicexpress.com A couple of manufactures make bulk tree kits. From what I can see, they look like good quality trees. The pic below shows the pre-fab WS trees I use.
SexinmyLS1
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 63 posts
Armorama: 61 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 02:20 AM UTC
Thanks Brian, they must be the same trees. I fixed the link by the way. So far that seems to be the cheapest route I can take and still have a variety of realistic trees. Plus, after seeing the pictures you provided, as well as a few other dioramas on here with Woodland Scenics' trees, I'm very please with the look of the trees on a finished terrain.
 _GOTOTOP