_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
DRAGON WAGON
RICHARD
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 6 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 05:52 AM UTC
WERE ALL INTERIORS OF DRAGON WAGONS PAINTED A DIFFERENT COLOUR THEN THE EXTERIOR? IF NOT, WERE DRAGON WAGONS IN US SERVICE DURING WW2 PAINTED A DIFFERENT INTERIOR COLOUR? AND LAST OF ALL IS IT PROBABLE THAT DRAGON WAGONS USED IN GERMANY TRANSPORTED M4A3 SHERMANS? THE REASON I AM ASKING THESE QUESTIONS IS BECAUSE I AM ABOUT TO BEGIN BUILDING TAMIYA'S DRAGON WAGON KIT. IF YOU HAPE ANY TIPS FOR BUILDING THIS KIT I WOULD APPRECIATE THEM TO.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 06:30 AM UTC
Dragon Wagons were commonly painted the same color - inside and out.

Dragon Wagons hauled virtually everything (facetious) - it wouldn't be unusual to see a M4A3 Sherman on the semi-trailer of one.

Gunnie
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,546 posts
Armorama: 1,081 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 06:58 AM UTC
Yes, they were painted the same color, but make sure you have the right color. At the beginning of the war, a lighter, yellower OD was used, but near the end of the war, the US switch to a darker greener OD.

My advice on the kit is to buy yourself some strip styrene of various widths, find some good pictures, and go to town. I used a lot of strip styrene to detail mine. I used it to put straps on the gas cans, make a rudimentary rack frame for the interior ammo racks, and bend into circles and make hold downs for the oxy/aceteline bottles.

If your brave, drill holes in the a-frame supports, both the brass tubes and the plastic pieces, cut the pins on the end of the plastic pieces and drill holes in their place, and make pins to fit them all. I did this to make the frame fully workable. Unfortunately, this feature later came out, but only for the M-26 kit, not the full cab and trailer kit. It's pretty simple, but requires a steady hand or the use of a jig. I made the pins from brass wire.

Here are a couple web pages to check out:

http://204.50.25.179/features00/dragonwagonss_1.htm

http://204.50.25.179/features00/dragonwagonrw_1.htm

http://www.cueballweb.com/~worktop/reviews/dragon_pick.html

http://www.kithobbyist.com/AFVInteriors/dragwag/dragwag1.html

This one has pics from the technical manual as well
http://digilander.libero.it/pmg/images/m25a1/m25a1_01.htm

If you need more, contact me, I can send you pictures if you tell me what you want.

[email protected]

Rob
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 07:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dragon Wagons hauled virtually everything (facetious) - it wouldn't be unusual to see a M4A3 Sherman on the semi-trailer of one.

Gunnie

Gunnie "facetious"? There you go using those big words. Rob will probably have to use the dictionary on this one.
DJ

Congrats on getting Governor Davis (again). You guys must really like pain out there.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 07:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Gunnie

Gunnie

Gunnie "facetious"? There you go using those big words. Rob will probably have to use the dictionary on this one.
DJ

Congrats on getting Governor Davis (again). You guys must really like pain out there.

Yeah - California is something else isn't it?!?

Gunnie
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 07:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Gunnie

Gunnie

DJ

Yeah - California is something else isn't it?!?

Gunnie

Gunnie--well at least Barbara Streisland is happy. And, we should all be grateful for that one.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 08:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Gunnie--well at least Barbara Streisland is happy. And, we should all be grateful for that one.

Ewwww - I feel the same way about her as the producers of "South Park"!

We didn't have much of a choice out here in California. Arnold Schwarzenegger didn't run (facetious again). Opting for the lesser of two evils won out - no one else to choose from...

Gunnie
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 08:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Ewwww - I feel the same way about her as the producers of "South Park"!

We didn't have much of a choice out here in California. Arnold Schwarzenegger didn't run (facetious again). Opting for the lesser of two evils won out - no one else to choose from...

Gunnie

Gunnie--have you finished the Sheridan?
DJ
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 09:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Gunnie--have you finished the Sheridan?
DJ

Nope, not yet. My M45 Pershing conversion came along and took priority. In the interim, I'm attempting to make my own tracks for the Jaguar Sheridan. I also received an e-mail from one of "Body Count"'s crewmembers - and he's going to forward more specific information and photos of the vehicle in service during Vietnam to aid me in detailing my model. Wanna wait to see what's there before continuing any further with the Sheridan...

Gunnie

DRAGONWAGON
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,041 posts
Armorama: 501 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 08:34 AM UTC
Hi, Richard. I've got another Dragon Wagon photo-site for you: amps_armor.org/Preservation?DW-Pics.asp?F=01
Wish you alot of fun, John.
 _GOTOTOP