_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
S.I.K. FOR ya People...
JollyRoger
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
Armorama: 79 posts
Posted: Friday, September 23, 2005 - 12:01 AM UTC
Hi guys. I finished my first intended model for the campaigne (hmm to be honest about 1 month ago) but couldn't succeed on uploading it to the campaigne gallery. As far as I see no other model photoes I really wonder what is the situation.

Anyways I decided to upload them here so that I can proof that I done my part(ok I was palnning a little more but who knoes there is still time).

This is Heller's 1/72 Reault VAB(don't ever get close to it, makes you sad as the general rest of the Heller products). It was originally desert so I painted the KFOR signs freehand. That's about it.... Be well....

KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Friday, September 23, 2005 - 03:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I really wonder what is the situation.

Mmm... I think it's just a very 'low-profile' mission :-)
To be honoust; I have not touched my model for this campaign for weeks now....
But there where more finnished models, if I remember correctly...

[qoute] This is Heller's 1/72 Reault VAB(don't ever get close to it, makes you sad as the general rest of the Heller products). It was originally desert so I painted the KFOR signs freehand. [/quote]

If so, you did a good job! I think it looks very nice for a 1:72 model. I like the 3 tone camo and the handwrited (!!!) markings; they turned out great!
My only nitpick is that the tires looks a bit too yellow for me, but it could be the picture perhaps?
What actually was so bad about the Heller model?

Paul
DODGE01RT
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 545 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, September 23, 2005 - 09:41 AM UTC
For a small kit it turned out good.I have a 35th scale one that I hope looks as good when done.
Working on my CDN Leopard now.Plus a couple of other things.Will post pics soon.

Jim
Danial
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 693 posts
Armorama: 275 posts
Posted: Friday, September 23, 2005 - 09:06 PM UTC
i heard heller kit got a few unpleasant things abt it like, the molding...anyways im entering a leopard 2a5 built OOTB...
its kinda clean for a mission based tank but i'll keep it this way...
JollyRoger
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
Armorama: 79 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 11:23 AM UTC
Thanks guys for the compliments.
What is wrong about Heller is it's molds is really unpeasent. Details are concidreable but the plastic on the lids and doors are pretty thick. As I said details are finely placed but mostly wrongly placed and some are not even built on:} I personally pitied on this kit after recieving my first Dragon 1/144 armors. They really outstand in detail. And I really thanked that at least this kit wa not as bad as Heller's 1/72 Tiger.

Danial, nice Leo. Is it 1/35? I am (trying on) finishing a 1/72 of LEO2 KFOR if my Compressor gets back to buisness....

Anyways guys do you have any idea about the problem with the gallery upload? Thanx...
Danial
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 693 posts
Armorama: 275 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 03:04 AM UTC
yes my fren its 1/35...its from tamiya, built OOTB...
btw, do we need to prove the vehicles were actually involved in any of these missions?

anyways im not sure whats wrong with the upload folder..can someone help?
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 03:43 AM UTC
ExtraTech does a couple of nice detail sets for this little kit. They do a PE set that also includes a nice resin .50 and a set of resin wheels. Your kit looks like a good, solid build.
 _GOTOTOP