Dragon 'Nam series figs?
Joker
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 813 posts
Armorama: 522 posts
Posted: Friday, September 23, 2005 - 01:18 AM UTC
HI,
Anyone seen or tried these figures from Dragon?, I think they are an earlier series but?
Anyone shed any light ?
Thanks in advance
Joker
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Friday, September 23, 2005 - 01:41 AM UTC
They are great figures. I have used most of them and recommend all of them. Nothing wrong with them at all.
Danial
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 693 posts
Armorama: 275 posts
Posted: Friday, September 23, 2005 - 02:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

HI,
Anyone seen or tried these figures from Dragon?, I think they are an earlier series but?
Anyone shed any light ?
Thanks in advance
Joker

im currently doin the us marines tet offensive...i dont see any problem doing them...
Joker
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 813 posts
Armorama: 522 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 12:58 AM UTC
Thanks for the info
Cheers
Joker
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 01:21 AM UTC
The DML NAM SEALs in Tiger Stripe and LRRPs are about 1/32nd scale, meaning you can't combine them with newer DML NAM figures unless you really want a size difference. The MACV-SOG figures are actually a lot thinner than the SEALs and LRRPs.

If you use a DML box solo, then no problem. But if you intend to combine the figures from different sets together, you may want to look inside the box at the hobby shop first to see if the scales match.
Rhino
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 28 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 01:24 AM UTC
I think they are great and have most of them.

Sometimes I replace the heads with resin aftermarket, but have done a few as they come with decent results..

Also they allow a certain degree of mixing and matching for your desired poses.

Sure wish they would rerelease more and come up with some new ones. Tunnel Rats would be great!
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 02:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If you use a DML box solo, then no problem. But if you intend to combine the figures from different sets together, you may want to look inside the box at the hobby shop first to see if the scales match.

This is not really an issue since people come in different sizes as well. Some are bigger than others, some smaller. The minimal size differeance in the figures is not an issue when mixing them with other DML figures or figures from another company. Not everyone is the perfect 5' 10" tall, figures don't need to be either.
treadhead68
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 33 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 11:00 AM UTC
I have done the Navy seals II (one operator with shotgun, another with stoner, third with experimental ?m-16 grenade launcher and fourth with radio)

I thought they were great (I loved the booney hats). I could mix and match arms and torso's, gave one an M-3 from the spares box.

Interesting note - one figure from the set appears to be wearing navy dungaries (jeans), nice touch.

I will do this set again with the LSSC and put the guys in jeans in bare feet. (ref a first hand account and pictures).

If the others are like this kit, they will work great.

[http://www.dragonmodelsusa.com/dmlusa/prodd.asp?pid=DRA3316]

Craig
 _GOTOTOP