_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
treadhead68
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 33 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 01:04 AM UTC
HEy,
I am a fresh nugget to the site. I have selected a rank structure for my avatar/user call sign area (there is probably a word for it) but I have noticed another avatar that I cannot figure out how to add/adjust. Some people have Airborne or other unit designations, how do you do this?

Also, is there a chart for rank advancement, I only have half-a dozen posts but would like to know how you "gain rank"

Craig
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 01:19 AM UTC
Craig,

You gain rank as you post, ie, the more posts, the higher your rank. (Posts in the Junk Drawer and the Buy Sell and Trade forums do not count toward your rank.)

I don't have the foggiest idea how to add a custom avatar but I am sure someone will along shortly with that info.

Hit the link form more on the rank structure:

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=faq#ranks

Shaun
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Armorama: 713 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 02:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

but I have noticed another avatar that I cannot figure out how to add/adjust. Some people have Airborne or other unit designations, how do you do this?

Craig

Greeting's, Craig...
To add a little more to Shauns reply, only the webmaster(Jim Starkweather) can add a custom avatar for you, once it has been approved(by the way, Jim, anything on mine yet ?;) ), but you must contact him if you wish to have one that is different than the one's listed on the site already...
Gunny
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 03:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

but I have noticed another avatar that I cannot figure out how to add/adjust. Some people have Airborne or other unit designations, how do you do this?

Craig

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe you are refering to the A-guard and moderator 'badges'. You receive an A-guard badge if you join the A-guardhere , which gives you 25 MB of gallery space.

The moderator badges are for moderators....

Cheers
Henk
 _GOTOTOP