Hosted by Darren Baker
Another Tamiya Site Update
28juni14
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 65 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 03:59 AM UTC
... Again, for the 6 or 7 of you who frequent this forum, the Tamiya Japanese site has been updated this morning. They now show the usual detail shots of items that finally make their Military Miniatures section. The PzIVJ is there as well as the Pz.G set. The PzIV looks very nice... can't wait to build it..... A big applaud from me to Tamiya... they said releases would accelerate if others joined the game, and true to their word ,...it is happening.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 04:47 AM UTC

Emil, Quite a number of people use this forum in fact, there are actually quite a number of people who do build 1/48th on the site (probably secretly...) As I said before, if this site doesn't meet you expectations and, there is a shortage of articles or reviews about 1/48th armor then contribute something (in the case of news), I would be delighted to get more information about New Releases in 1/48th...

One final point, FYI, the news about all the new Tamiya releases from the Japanese Trade Show, was posted yeserday (in the News Section) after all, that is where news should be, not in the forums..Jim
28juni14
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 65 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 05:52 AM UTC
Jim -

I have somehow offended you personally; that was hardly my intent. When I viewed your first reprimand I assumed it may have been a colloquium issue because you post yourself as Spanish; but on second thought your sentence structure is such that it is surrely Anglo-Saxon.

Again, it was never my desire to provoke hostility, or disturb the status quo of benevolence that exists here.
May I assure you my remarks were of the "dry humor" vain; not mean-spirited as you've interpreted them.

None the less, I note a followup reply from a 3rd party was deleted; which would suggest some discontent with this body.

For that reason it is perhaps best if I refrain from further participation in Armorama.

Please accept my sincere appology,
Emil
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 06:03 AM UTC
Emil, as much as you, I want the 1/48th forum to succeed - yes i'm probably a little touchy with remarks like that. If you meant it as an humouous comment comment, fine - say no more about it.

As you obviously specialize in 1/48th, we could honestly use all the help possible - I really could do with some pointers (in particular) with 1/48th news stories - not the 'mainstream', that's easy, but the AM side... Also, we are ALWAYS looking for reviews of 1/48th armor, there's a lot out there and too little in the reviews section. We are always looking for new reviews and features....Jim
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 06:11 AM UTC
Jim,

I'm in agreement with you on the mindset of comments on this forum, as an avid builder of both 35th and 48th, and as an individual who regularly checks up on most english speaking sites with 48th scale forums, I can assure you that the traffic volume at this site is no different than ones specifically set up for 48th scale armour.

There will contunue to be a mindset of inferiority towards this scale of armour by both 48th scale people and by 35th scale builders. I will continue to build both scales and have the utmost respect for both,... as for your comment on submitting articles and or models to the gallery, I tend to submit my work to Track48, its a vastly smaller site dedicated specifically to 48th, and considering the huge amounts of postings seen here, you guys can do without my entries...

Thanks for keeping us in line...

Frank
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 06:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

considering the huge amounts of postings seen here, you guys can do without my entries...

I don't agree, we are REALLY short of 1/48th material. As the forums are only one part of Armorama (important, but only one part), Call it whatever you will, but perhaps we do need to open more people's eyes to the (enormous) possibilities of 1/48th ..Jim (who has a grand total of ONE 1/48th kit in the stash.. )
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 06:27 AM UTC
Jim,

Fair enough,... I will rephotograph my line of completed 48th scale kits (4 completed, 4 on the way) and submit them, at least people will not be looking at duplicate photos of the Track48 submissions. May take me a week or two, they are currently behind glass at a local hobby store trying to draw attention to the mass of 35th scale builders, who frequent the store,... if I can turn one or two 35th scale modellers into purchasing a 48th scale kit, then I've done my job!!

As an aside,.... congrats. on Fernando becoming world champ!!

Frank
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 06:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

if I can turn one or two 35th scale modellers into purchasing a 48th scale kit, then I've done my job!!

Exactly! - consider it a form of subversion!..Jim :-)
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 06:50 AM UTC
Both of you gentlemen are more than welcome to use these forums and contribute to this site.

As I've said in my own forum on these kinds of matters, I'd have no problem seeing both the news item and a thread submitted by a member. While I try to keep up on what's new not everyone does, and I suspect there are a number of people who would rather see the item posted twice than to miss the news all together.

Welcome to the site guys (that's a belated welcome to you Emil), I hope you continue to participate and contribute not only the 1/48th section but the rest of the site as well.
Larry_dunn
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 79 posts
Armorama: 79 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 07:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

... Again, for the 6 or 7 of you who frequent this forum, the Tamiya Japanese site has been updated this morning. They now show the usual detail shots of items that finally make their Military Miniatures section.

A url would be nice.
tal_martini
Visit this Community
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 08:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

... Again, for the 6 or 7 of you who frequent this forum, the Tamiya Japanese site has been updated this morning. They now show the usual detail shots of items that finally make their Military Miniatures section. The PzIVJ is there as well as the Pz.G set. The PzIV looks very nice... can't wait to build it..... A big applaud from me to Tamiya... they said releases would accelerate if others joined the game, and true to their word ,...it is happening.

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, but I must admit, that this site is lacking most of the 1/48 scale stuff/news as it seems, which is quite sad. Especially as other guys like G. I. do such a great jobs with their sites (Track48, etc.).

We hope to have a new German site dedicated solely to 1/48 scale armour in the future as there's still a big gap in the NET.

What makes me happy is, that a few guys do most of the work themselves (Garfield, etc.) to give us all the informations we need. It's remarkable what these 2-3 tiny (compared to the others) sites can offer to us 1/48 scale buffs.

Cheers!

Martin
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 09:12 AM UTC
IMHO, which may or may not carry more weight since I am the "host", Emil's comments seem more as cheap shots towards Armorama in general than humorous jibs.

Jim's comments are, as usual, pointed and confrontational. He tends to get that way when "defending" Armorama's honor. It is a part of his personality that may of the old members have learned to live with. He's just passionate for the site.

For a born again scale with all the people who posted here being pro-1/48 scale, there seems to be a lot of infighting here.
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 10:29 AM UTC
May I suggest to James, Emil, and specially the two staff members, (Jim and Robin) whom have responded to this thread,.... that we please all calm down. The hobby does not need this bickering, and this newfound scale in modelling definitely does not need any further challenges.

While I do not know Jim from Spain, I do offer him my utmost respect, as I would anyone whom I have not met. His constant prescence on this site is vital to maintaining its moral stance...

If I could offer any suggestion to all the above mentioned, it would be to let minor comments go without replies, we are all adults, and should be able to get along,.... I will log off now and have dinner with my wife, please try to behave yourselves in the hour or so that I am gone!! :-)

Frank
Nick61
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 40 posts
Armorama: 30 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 11:32 AM UTC
Greetings All

I've come into 48th scale from 76th Braille scale so I've moved from one 'minority' to another. I suspect many, if not most of you, have done the same. So while we tend to be defensive (not the right word but the best I can come up with) in model making circles generally, I think it's important that we have areas like this that we can relax and exchange information in. Remember that facial expressions and body language are lacking, and tongue in cheek and other 'subtle' humour never seems to work in any forum I've been to at least.

Many forums out there are as good as dead filled with individuals bickering and sniping at each other because they seem to have nothing better to do, well there's a whole new modelling world to play in and that's what I'm going to do

To all the guys who've held the fort for the rest of us Thank You to the others who've joined welcome to the 48th world that I'm really enjoying at least, I still hope for an accurate Centurion.

Best regards, rant over

Nick
Marlowe
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 289 posts
Armorama: 286 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 01:23 AM UTC
Yes, Nicholas you have hit the nail on the head. 1/48 is the enjoyable scale. Large enough to be manipulated well, detailed enough to be satisfactory but not overwhelming, small enough for multivehicle dioramas. And then there have been the surprises: Tamiya's release of the Citroen, StuG Ausf B and the mid-production Hetzer which they had not done in 1/35. Now Tamiya is releasing a 1/35 scale StuG B, probably because of the success of the 48 scale one. 1/48 just keeps getting better and better. Mike from Belcher Bits is working on a German train engine to go with his railroad flatcars and tracks. Soon, 1/48 scale enthusiasts will be able to make dioaramas featuring their Panthers, MkIVs and Tigers being transported by rail.
Glenn
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
Armorama: 1,227 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 02:59 AM UTC
I for one don't see why there is ANY reason for there to be bickering about scales...a model is a model! Doesn't make any difference if it is 1/35th 1/48th or 1/72nd. In the end it is just another miniature. I don't see the reason to all this "converting" nonsense either. If a builder decides to build 35th, so be it. It's the modelers decision whether or not he/she wishes to try another scale (or genre for that matter).

sorry for the rant...
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 04:33 PM UTC
Hear, hear!! All scales have their own particular merits, and a true modeller/miniaturist can work in any scale. My work/collections include 1/72-/76, 1/48, 1/35, 1/25 - armor, cars, aircraft; 54mm - 200mm figures; 1/700 and 1/350 warships; N, HO, and On30 scale railroading; for the PLEASURE of it. There are absolutely no grounds for claiming any scale is superior to another.
Shado1
Visit this Community
Tochigi-ken, Japan / 日本
KitMaker: 211 posts
Armorama: 133 posts
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2005 - 04:33 AM UTC
Just picked up the M10 and Pzr IV today.
See what I had to say about them here:

http://www.finescale.com/fsm/community/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50413
 _GOTOTOP