_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Pz IV F1 & F2 differences
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2002 - 01:21 AM UTC
Hello Guys, besides the internal difference with ammo storage and things, is the 75 long Gun the only external visible difference between an Pz IV F2 and F1? I read from some books that there are a bumber of F1 also equiped with the Long Cannon, so in this case, if I wanna to convert the DML Pz IV F1 to an F2, does it mean I all need to do is replace the cannon? Thanks for your help in advance.
m60a3
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 778 posts
Armorama: 396 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2002 - 02:14 AM UTC
SS-74,

There are some fiddly bits you should change.
The F2 had the fender headlights deleted. there was a front fender support added to the right front fender (why not the left? I don't know). There was a hand grab iron added above where the step on the left side is. Depending on the pae=rticular vehicle, there was a few different ways to store the gun cleaning rods. For the turret, the only difference I see it the addition of a "t" shaped handle on the bigger of the turret side doors.
I would suggest obtaining "Achtung Panzer #3" for the particulars. Based on the info here, you should have no problem converting the F1 to an F2.
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2002 - 06:41 AM UTC
Thanks Bob for your information, now I might just go ahead to convert that F1 to the F2 after my ever-lasting Tiger I project.
 _GOTOTOP