Hosted by Darren Baker
1/35 Nam truck progress pics
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 1,017 posts
Armorama: 752 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 11:48 AM UTC
I just wanted to post some pics and here everyones comments. The M34 truck from Revell is finished. I done a little modifying to the doors airbrushed OD green and weathered with pastels. The 1/35 ZIL-157 6x6 from Trumpter is waiting to be weatherd it was a really nice kit to build lots of detail im not sure if the color is correct but it close enough for me I mixed Apple Barrel acrylic pine green and olive green to acheive the color. M35A2 from AFV is also a realy nice kit I would say its about 80% done it has been converted back to a M35A1. Animal was nice enough to give me the exhaust and the taillights I really appreciate it. I also added the supports for the canvas and converted the passanger seat with back down for gunner to stand on. The AFV 105 howitzer went together quick with know trouble it is waiting to be weathered. Here are a few pics the rest can be seen in my gallery thanks for looking.

jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 11:59 AM UTC
Thats very nicely done. Make sure you got the img tags encapsulating the URL. Looks like you missed out the front img tag hence why your images arent showing. Just copy and paste the link at the bottom of you picture.

for example:
Darktrooper
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
KitMaker: 581 posts
Armorama: 351 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 12:23 PM UTC
On the truck towing the Howitzer, I know you probably hooked that up for the pic, but, in-transit the barrel is depressed enough so when it is hooked up its near parallel with the ground, and it has a cover over the muzzle and breech. Some times there is a clamp that goes over the barrel that has two brake light assemblies, and a cable that hooks into the truck on the rear end.

Nice work!
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 12:29 PM UTC
I must of misunderstood the directions this is the way it showed easy corection. I would to see a pic if anyone has one of a 105 being towed.
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 12:32 PM UTC
They all look good Keenan. The finish and weathering on the M 34 is nice. The only thing is the white star on the hood. It is backward. The point of the star should be toward the front of the hood. I know that most instructions sheets for this kit and the AFV Club show it as you have applied it.
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 12:52 PM UTC
Thanks for the heads on the star Dave I did not know that. The M35 didnt come with stars on the decal sheet did some Nam trucks not have stars on them. Oh and youre exhaust arrived yesterday installed it last nite thanks alot.
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 03:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for the heads on the star Dave I did not know that. The M35 didn't come with stars on the decal sheet did some Nam trucks not have stars on them. Oh and you're exhaust arrived yesterday installed it last nite thanks alot.

A lot of our trucks did not have the stars on them. In the early years when most of our equipment was new from Stateside it of course had the stars. But as we made repairs and replaced parts we left the stars off or painted over them. They were too nice of a target on the door.
 _GOTOTOP