_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Amphibs LVTP7A1 progress
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Friday, October 07, 2005 - 04:26 AM UTC
Hi all,
here is some pics of my amphib. It's near completion. I've still the rear ramp to detail then set open.
The gear comes from CMK set (described in the review I recently submitted) and Tamiya.

The weathering is not done so far.

More pics in the campaign gallery and there My webshot gallery

Comments welcome
olivier
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Friday, October 07, 2005 - 08:48 AM UTC
Wow! Did you scratchbuild the interior or was this the HobbyFan interior? Stunningly well done, espicially all the little accessories inside (the coke cans...wow). My only suggestion as you add things is that maybe for style adding an M16 leaning or laying on one of the benches or a bipod-extended SAW set on the ramp.

I just hope most of the details will still show with the ramp and vertical hatches (?) open.

I am sure the glossy look is not intended for the final product, so I won't comment there, but I do think a little more highlighting and weathering on the Alice packs may be in order, particularly the straps and buckles.

Other than the above suggestions, I shall leave it to our Marine vets and other AAV enthusiasts to comment. Finish this up, and you will have a great model.

Jeff
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 08, 2005 - 02:42 AM UTC
Thanks for the nice comments Jeff.
The interior is scratchbuilt and will be visible through the various hatches except the cupola one.

The look of the Alice packs is too glossy but the weathering is not complete yet. I still have to add some little things inside, perhaps no weapon as I don't have any figure to accompany this amphib. So it would be weird to me to see an abandoned rifle. At least, I wouldn't like my soldiers doing so

olivier
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,008 posts
Armorama: 242 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 08, 2005 - 10:44 PM UTC
I am doing the same model plus the same alice packs and stuff. But i think i ll change the camou to desert Tan.
 _GOTOTOP