_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Large Scale
Dioramas with large scale (1/16 plus) subjects.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Afrika Corps Diorama
07closet
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 29 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 08, 2005 - 07:09 PM UTC
Hi,
This is my first diorama and i was wondering if you could give me some tips and critisism on the diorama except i already know that you can see the cardboard card under the machine gun wall and the white glue under the tracks, i'll try and fix those up.

Thanks, Tom.
Removed by original poster on 10/31/07 - 20:12:33 (GMT).
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 2,220 posts
Armorama: 1,707 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 09, 2005 - 08:30 AM UTC
Hi Tom,

A good effort. Some things to note; The Pz IV H did not see action in Afrika. There where some G's, but no side skirts. The turret skirts are also on upside down. The composition of the dio, though is good.

Keep up the effort.
07closet
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 29 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 09, 2005 - 10:44 PM UTC
Hi,
thanks for the tips. I can only get better.
Thanks, Tom.
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 799 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 09, 2005 - 11:13 PM UTC
Very nice lil dio, yes, the ground work looks a bit empty but other is just fine, keep em coming

Mirko
EasyOff
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 926 posts
Armorama: 356 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 09, 2005 - 11:17 PM UTC
I don't know much about tanks in real life, but I do know if you stood infront of the guns on a navy ship the muzzle blast would just about pull your fillings out of your mouth. I'm just wondering, do you think maybe the placement of the tank should be in a differant spot just a little instead of right behind the nest? I'm not trying to be a wise guy, I'm actually asking a question and, if someone knows for sure it could maybe since the tank he's using was incorrect, he could keep the base and swap it out with ooooh, maybe a half track or something with a machine gun on it?
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
KitMaker: 1,735 posts
Armorama: 586 posts
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2005 - 05:12 PM UTC
Definitely a very good first go Tom. I like the fact that the barrel is offset rather than merely pointing forward. Just some minor suggestions. The groundwork although having varied grain sizes which is good, doesn't seem to have enough contrast. Normally I mix soil of different color as painting groundwork can use up a lot of paint. In this case a bit of paint under rocks and in some 'shadowed' areas will help make the groundwork appear less flat.

The other is the rocks used to prop up the machine gun. It is likely that they were collected from somewhere nearby and unless it was transported by vehicle there should be more similarly sized rocks scattered around the dio. Otherwise they appear pretty hefty to haul manually from somewhere far away.

All in all still a very good first attempt.
Polaris
Visit this Community
Somogy, Hungary
KitMaker: 36 posts
Armorama: 33 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 - 07:49 AM UTC
This type of Panzer IV is not in Africa
But it is very good
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 - 08:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This type of Panzer IV is not in Africa
But it is very good

This is a 4 year old thread and the Original Poster hasn't visited the site in 4 years so not much point in commenting on it
Abydos
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 231 posts
Armorama: 225 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 01:50 PM UTC
The story line is good, however, you need to personalize it a bit more. By that i mean, did you ever notice in reference photos they show must of the tanks in the Africa corp had equipment on them such as helmets, i d flags, gas / water cans, traps, as well as personal equipment from the operators, uniforms, mess kits and etc. hem did that cause they didn't know when they would be supplied again. Now for the figures, i don't think that assault rife was in production yet, at lest not in 42 maybe 44-45. But over all it is a good for a first dio, so just look at your ref photos a bit more and keep up the good work ok.
Pyromaniac
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 375 posts
Armorama: 362 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 05:24 AM UTC
lol, this topic badly needs to be 'un-bumped'
not that i'm helping
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 518 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 06:06 AM UTC
Pat is right...if the origional poster does not read any of this he will not be able to improve anything through constructive criticisim. As for me ....personally I do not always know what tanks go where or what boots they might have worn to the different events but I do keep trying to get it right........Al
 _GOTOTOP