_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Add Blocking
EasyOff
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 926 posts
Armorama: 356 posts
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2005 - 04:54 AM UTC
Hiya,
I just got finished installing my new firewall, virus protection etc and logged into Armorama. Its a yearly ritual. I was surprized to see colorful ads on the left side and banners underneath everyone's posts. At first I thought it was something new, but after an investigation I see that I must have had them turned off in my anti-spam program prior. I've got to tell ya, I'm enjoying the new look and will be checking out everything that I see.

Its time to smell the roses!
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2005 - 05:25 AM UTC
May possible have to do with your browser turning off graphics, especially from external sources. A spyware program like you said could also potential block it but nonetheless, welcome to the real armorama.
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2005 - 08:52 AM UTC
I also had this a long time ago. It was my security software blocking everything that was in the adserver section. Back in those days I emailed a local advertiser and asked why he had stopped advertizing on the best site of the planned.... We both where confused... he could see his ad and I didn't. Afterwards we had a very good laugh at it...specially since both of us are working in the IT business. We should have known better :-)
EasyOff
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 926 posts
Armorama: 356 posts
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2005 - 09:20 AM UTC
I just can't get over how pretty Armorama is! hahaha.. My precious!
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2005 - 09:27 AM UTC
I'd got used to a black side of the screen with a "advertise in this space" sign, and then without knowingly playing with my computer i get all the advertising ad's, and i like it ,its very colourful.
Andy
 _GOTOTOP