_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: R/C Armor
Discuss all Remote Control Armor related topics here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M26 "Tiger Tamer" - preparing
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Armorama: 2,762 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 02:47 AM UTC
Hi all,

After a long time of watching them, wanting one and saving money I finally started to buy stuff for my M26 Pershing, 1:16 Tamiya Full Option RC kit!

See this link: http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/56016m26_pershing/m26_pershing.htm

Things like charger, accu, and radio are ordered and on it's way to my home. The tank itself still has to be ordered but that won't take long.

I've also ordered an improved track idler system and something of which I don't know the English name (kogellagers, anyone?)

I'm now more or less preparing myself.....thinking about how I want to build my tank, what I want it to look like.

I like WWII but Korea is very interesting as well, especially for new features on the tank like searchlights (nice for RC) I'm not sure yet what to do. For the moment I think I'll base my tank on this poster:

The Pershing saw only a short period of action in NW-Europe but it already got the nickname "Tiger Tamer" before the end of the war. It was about the only Allied tank with enough armour and firepower to go in a 1-on-1 duel with a Tiger tank. Only 1 Pershing was lost due to enemy fire in WWII, when a German Narshorn TD shot a Persing in it's side armour.

I also got some plans with stowage racks, and some plans with the tank commander but that's my little secret for now....

I'll let you all know once the tank has arrived

Cya,
Martin
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
KitMaker: 1,871 posts
Armorama: 1,423 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 02:53 AM UTC
Hi, Martin
This is one project I will follow for sure. Looking forward to see your build progress. And I think "kogellagers" is ball bearings in English.

Cheers
Erik
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 02:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi, Martin
This is one project I will follow for sure. Looking forward to see your build progress. And I think "kogellagers" is ball bearings in English.

Cheers
Erik

Yeah those small little balls

How about your Leo? Any updates?

I posted yours here btw:

http://www.battletanksnederland.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=704

Martin
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
KitMaker: 1,871 posts
Armorama: 1,423 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 03:12 AM UTC
Nice posting on the dutch site, Martin. Since I understand approx 70% of written dutch (Can't understand a word when you speak, though LoL) I see most of the replays were quiet nice. About the Leo: I managed to ruin parts of the paint job when applying a coat of gloss before decals. Don't know how that happened, but have to repaint. The Gun barrel stabilizer is what I feared: Garbage! Well I haven't tried it outside yet, but for sure it does not work indoors. Hopefully I will finish the tank by the end of the week.

Cheers
Erik
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 03:43 AM UTC
Hmm the gun stabalizer seems to be a nice addition to the tank...but when it doesn't work it's indeed useless!

_GOTOTOP