M48 mineroller :-H
Mark
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 554 posts
Armorama: 461 posts
Posted: Monday, October 17, 2005 - 08:23 PM UTC
Hi all,
Guess what I found while surfing? www.modelmecca.com/cgi-bin/shop.pl?go=Search&partnumber=MD%2035215
Yes that’s right; a M48 mineroller. I’m not sure about you guys but I’ve been dreaming of building one of these for years (still have the M48 waiting on the shelf). I contacted the people over at MR Modellbau (Germany) and they told me production was planned for mid this year but due to lack of interest they didn’t start production. Well I was maybe it’ll help if everyone who would like to have one of these, asks about it at VLS productions (MR Modelbau’s US contractor) or directly at MR Modellbau. I think it would be a real shame if this nice conversionset would never ‘see the light’.

Kind regards
Mark
Mark
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 11:25 PM UTC
Hmmm, I guess lack of interest is indeed the problem . I can hardly believe I am the only one thinking the M48 ENSURE mineroller would be a really nice kit.
Guess I just keep on dreaming…

Mark
fbuis
Visit this Community
Ain, France
KitMaker: 447 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 03:19 AM UTC
Hi Mark,

I think that the Ensure 202 Mine Roller on M48 Patton used in Nam will "see the light" one day if the manufacturer get know that:

1. The price: most of conversion kit or add-on detail kit is sold too expensive (knowing that modeller must pay the kit + research + development + molding and etc...), the conversion kit sometime cost 2 or 3 time the price of a "standard" kit, this problem "stopped" the modeler's enthousiasm by the high price (as I would like to build an USMC M-51 Ontos in 1:35 scale, there is a conversion kit but the price is out of my money range).

2. The material: almost of the conversion kit is manufactured in resin, as my built skill, I have some problem with resin parts (too fragile!), I prefer to build with styrene parts. But as your dream, hope that we will see this conversion kit one day.

Here is my own opinion on your subject.

Regards,
Francois
Mark
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 07:10 PM UTC
Hi Francois,
I agree with you; most of the aftermarket / conversion-sets are indeed very expensive (as is everything else in life, is that an ‘euro-thing’?). And my experience with resin isn’t all that either but aftermarket-sets in plastic aren’t that common (too bad).
Good thing of these high prices is that you’re more willing to scratchbuild something

Anyway we keep on dreaming (of all kinds of concversion-sets at low prices)

Mark
 _GOTOTOP