_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Why lock the Bryan Gray thread?
kglack43
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 842 posts
Armorama: 607 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 02:37 PM UTC
Sabot and other thread managers of our wonderful site,

Why lock down this thread? It was actuall helping to piece together a mystery by this guy.

Jimbrae and the other guy he was in a match with, werent even dupped by Gray and their comments should have not been the reason, (if they were). As for other's comment, they were all within legal limitations and certainly should be allowed to be expanded upon.

This guy (Gray) ripped off quite alot of site members and we should be able to talk about it in that thread. Please dont play "Big Brother" and police every little part of this site like this. Come on...give us alittle freedom to chart our own course.

just my 2 cents worth

love ya,
kevin
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 1,430 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 03:04 PM UTC
Kevin..I was not one of the unfortunate ones that was duped by this guy..that being said..i still agree with you totally. I don't feel that the topic should have been locked..just that the two guys that were firing at each other their responses should have been removed...

Just my two cents worth....

Luv ya...
Mary (++)
Spuds
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 393 posts
Armorama: 287 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 03:47 PM UTC
I haven't had any dealings with this guy either, thank goodness and I agree with both your points about freedom of expression. However, having read all the comments, I think a pretty good picture has been painted for us and now we're just beating it to death. Time to move on.
kglack43
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 842 posts
Armorama: 607 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 05:56 PM UTC
well by keeping it open, perhaps more victims could have the chance to come forward and vent...venting is good.

maybe a new forum titled : My 2 Cents would be a thought. A place to Bee itch about stuff with few limitations.

thanks again

kevin
rebelsoldier
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,336 posts
Armorama: 757 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 07:37 PM UTC
methinks its for the visitors and not the registered regulars, don't want all our linen hangin out do we?

reb
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 10:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

methinks its for the visitors and not the registered regulars, don't want all our linen hangin out do we?

reb

It is not that. I believe it should be locked now and I also note it has been stickied so it stays at the top of the Buy sell trade forum so everyone can see it when they go to that forum.

cheers
Cliff
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 12:25 AM UTC
I told Kevin and several other memebers who have pending deals that if you want to post an update to your status just shoot me an e-mail or PM and I'll open the topic again. This goes for those just coming forward or those who want to post advice about remedies available.

Right now it has denigrated into petty arguements between several members. Not a good thing.

I did not delete, censor or edit anyone's posts because I do not want anyone to think we are hiding anything. Read through the posts and you will see that the site and several staff members are out hundreds of dollars.

Some people need to realize that they have the ability to go back and edit their own posts and even delete them if their 2¢ are not really doing the situation any good.

Attacking one another over this matter does no one any good and just fosters ill will within the site. Venting is one thing, arguments over whose fault it is and who is responsible is another.

As far as "our linen hanging out", I made the topic sticky so it stays at the very top of the BST forum. It is the most prominent spot in the whole forum, put up front for all to see as a warning.
thedutchie
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,299 posts
Armorama: 919 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 01:03 AM UTC
Hey guys:

I seem to agree with Sabot. People who need to post updates or want to add to it should PM him. It seems alot of people are disgruntled over what this guy has done to them. I feel for those who have been rooked by him. I believe we have all been screwed once or twice by an online seal(or another deal of some sort). I got screwed on Ebay once and I got screwed by "the ol timeline" of so many days to report it and lost over $400. But we just need to learn from this stuff.

Dont let this guy redirect your anger at others. I seem to remember a person from LA saying "Cant we all just get along?" He will get whats coming to him in the end.

this is just my .02 CAN(roughly .015 US)

have a good one
Vic
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,697 posts
Armorama: 70 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 02:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

just shoot me an e-mail or PM and I'll open the topic again. This goes for those just coming forward or those who want to post advice about remedies available.

Robin,

I'll PM you later, I'm another one who's been ripped off.

I'd rather post the details on the other collective thread.

It'll help show how much damage this .....person......has done.

Vic (very ****ed off)
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 09:03 PM UTC
ok add another stupid guy to the list ...just tell me how can i have my personal story in there....
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,659 posts
Armorama: 1,512 posts
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2005 - 01:25 AM UTC
this is one thing I love about this site.. its helpful but yet its got some sensible moderators who help keep the site friendly... without being overly heavy handed..

keep up the good work all..
 _GOTOTOP