Hosted by Darren Baker
Panther instructions
Marlowe
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 289 posts
Armorama: 286 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 08:56 AM UTC
The instruction sheets for the Tamiya Panther G are now online through HobbySearch scale Models at
http://www.1999.co.jp/english/plamo

Looks like it comes with decals to make a Battle of the Bulge vehicle. As has been posted before, there are mantlet, engine vent and exhaust options so as to construct a wide range of late production Ausf Gs.
A battle of the Bulge Panther, hmmm, can't wait for the Trumpeter "Easy8"
Marlowe
koschrei
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 134 posts
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2005 - 03:11 AM UTC
The kit parts look good too - Tamiya really did a nice job on the options, although I was a little concerned that the six links of spare track for each side was all moulded in one piece. There is usually a left over link or two in these kits, so hopefully it will not be too hard to cut these parts apart to make few spots with one link to break up the monotony.

This will definitely be a kit where you can build more than one for the collection. May even do one as 'Cukoo' myself.

Konrad
Marlowe
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 289 posts
Armorama: 286 posts
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2005 - 05:15 AM UTC
Konrad, Cuckoo had zimmerit. Wait until SkyBow releases their Panther G. I can't wait until they come out with a Ausf A then you can make a diorama of yourself sitting atop one at Base Borden.
Glenn
koschrei
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 134 posts
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2005 - 06:24 PM UTC
That would be funny. Wonder where I could get a tiny gawky looking civilian like me :-)

Konrad
 _GOTOTOP