_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Ground Transport
Sandbox
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 350 posts
Armorama: 158 posts
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 07:44 AM UTC
What was used for ground transport hauler/trailers in 80's, 90's and currently? Are their any kits available? If a beloved and rich aunt dies and leaves me a small fortune I would think about investing in this type of kit.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 07:56 AM UTC
M1070/M1000 Super HET
M870A1 Medium Equipment Trailer

Disclaimer: If this question was answered in error, or an answer not required/expected/wanted, please notify me and I will delete the post. This post is not intended as an attack on any persons posting prior to or after this post. Please feel free to disregard/disbelieve/discount any information contained in the post.
Sandbox
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 09:26 AM UTC
Thank you. Could both trailers handle both the M1 and Bradley's?
jackhammer
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 357 posts
Armorama: 310 posts
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 10:15 AM UTC
The Hett,produced by Oshkosh trucks,is the modern hauler.This is now made by Accurat Armour for a substanial price.Before that there was the M-911,also made by Oshkosh trucks.Hobby fan produced one but is now OOP.Both of these kits are made out of resin. There is also a Hemtt tractor that could be converted out of Revell Germans or the Italeri offerings.Before those,I would only be guessing.I do know this,here in upstate New York,I see alot of private contractors trucking hummers,bigfoots,utility trailers etc.
Sabot
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 12:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thank you. Could both trailers handle both the M1 and Bradley's?

No, only the Super HET could handle the M1 series. The Bradley can be handled by either since it is a fairly light weight vehicle.The older HET could handle the M1 to some extent, but the weight required a waiver for highway travel.

Disclaimer: If this question was answered in error, or an answer not required/expected/wanted, please notify me and I will delete the post. This post is not intended as an attack on any persons posting prior to or after this post. Please feel free to disregard/disbelieve/discount any information contained in the post.
engineer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 10 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 12:56 PM UTC
You mentioned the 870 trailer but forgot to mention the tractors that haul them, the M915, M916, M920. These vehicle cover the whole time frame that was mentioned. The 920/870 combo can haul up to 40 tons, not sure about the 916 but it is less.
Sabot
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 01:29 PM UTC
I figured he would find them inside the album on his own. They are found in my motor pool gallery where the two links take you, if you click on either one and explore the main album.

Prime movers pictured include the M920 and a brand new factory fresh M915A3. There are several others that I just haven't gotten around to photographing yet. Also located in the album is a multiple Super HET/M1A1 convoy accident that occurred at Ft. Knox. If you look closely at the first page shots of the enitre motor pool, you will see a multitude of modern US Army vehicles and equipment: wheeled, tracked, towed and otherwise. Some obsolete vehicles (M816, M578, M901, etc.) are also present since I am awaiting DRMO disposition instructions. Seems they don't want to pay to have the stuff moved to a cann point when it can just sit at my site and and take up my valuable motor pool space.

Generally speaking, I usually take photos and post them if someone sees something there that piques their interest or if they need additional photos for building, detailing or superdetailing a model.

Sandbox
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2002 - 09:08 AM UTC
Again, many thanks, Sabot. Of the hobby sites that Ihave been to not much available of the Accurate Armor line. Any suggestions?
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 04:23 AM UTC
Hit the lottery... LOL. Those kits aren't cheap...

Here is the link...

HET

You will have to go to the "Truck, Trailer, Plant" link on the left hand side of the page and scroll down to the HET.

Hope this helps...
Sandbox
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2002 - 02:50 AM UTC
Thank you for the link. Will have to catch 'she who must be obeyed' in the right mood to get the ok for this acquisition. Has anyone any experience building this kit?
 _GOTOTOP