Hosted by Darren Baker
run out of steam have we
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 08:34 AM UTC
what no new topics for softskins out there. Have you all changed to armor or worst still to airy thingy mee bobs. You know those things that fly that you try to knock down with flyspray.

Just kidding. Honest. I thought I have better back track. I really could do without Radio Controlled bombers with real bombs attacking my model room. Besides my wheelchair is not fast enough to escape.

Cliff (I'm still a driver) #:-)
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 08:45 AM UTC
Hey - I'm doin' my part

Gunnie's DUKW

I just haven't mentioned working on the DUKW yet. Anyone else out in Softskin Land got DUKW Soup brewing on the stove???

Gunnie

MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 08:57 AM UTC
Hi Gunnie I've just been looking at your site. The DUCK looks good and so does the command car. The DUCK is not availiable here in Aussie yet but I will be getting it when it is

Cliff (I'm still a driver) :-)
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 09:05 AM UTC
Thanks Cliff - I'm sure you'll like Italeri's DUKW. It's pretty cool...

Gunnie
jackhammer
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 357 posts
Armorama: 310 posts
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 10:24 AM UTC
Sorry.I'm not postimg anything on softskins because they are the last vehicle builds for my super-diorama.Once I start it them there will be so many from me,you will get sick of them. I am thinking of adding a DUKW to my list.Would it be used,or at least see at a repair depot in late 44 early 45?
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 10:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sorry.I'm not postimg anything on softskins because they are the last vehicle builds for my super-diorama.Once I start it them there will be so many from me,you will get sick of them. I am thinking of adding a DUKW to my list.Would it be used,or at least see at a repair depot in late 44 early 45?

The US used DUKW's all the way up through the Vietnam War. Build 'em - build a flock of 'em...

Gunnie
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 01:14 PM UTC
The Aussie army used them in the Pacific in this time frame too. So you could always try something different and have a repair yard in the Pacific.

Cliff (I'm still a driver)
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 03:12 PM UTC
Just finished up this 6 X 6, (I apologize if this is not considered a softskin).

I ordered it by mistake. My intention was to get a WWII deuce and half to make a dio for my dad who was involved briefly with the "Redball Express" (his unit guarded a section of road near Trevieres France in July 44).

Well, I needed a break from armor so I put it together. Unfortunately it's not a very good photo, and I'm pretty inexperienced with "non tracked" vehicles, but, what the heck, we do this for fun, (It does look a tad better in person). Thanks.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RADeAvIS*WXxfxYzyVmj8P6jvLueZA1rRByi1vTdh!zZ58xOBJgU!99zy2yNzDJe00ydN54xMo8vGlK!cDsZHQBoSEwP5a42WSEWy6AXAME/PB150026.JPG?dc=4675397186766776985

Jeepers creepers I wish I could figure out how to post the picture to a forum post like you other guys. Oh well.
GenHalftrack
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 9 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 03:15 PM UTC
I see the "Duck" has made it to the west coast. Not quite made it to Virginia yet. Nice to have it made by Italeri but what do I do with the resin ADV DUKW kit that I have been clinging to for years. I bet we all have a few things in our stash like that.
Ed
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 04:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I see the "Duck" has made it to the west coast. Not quite made it to Virginia yet. Nice to have it made by Italeri but what do I do with the resin ADV DUKW kit that I have been clinging to for years. I bet we all have a few things in our stash like that.
Ed

I saw one at Hungate's in the Chesterfield, VA mall the other day. A little pricey at $36ish though.

Disclaimer: If this question was answered in error, or an answer not required/expected/wanted, please notify me and I will delete the post. This post is not intended as an attack on any persons posting prior to or after this post. Please feel free to disregard/disbelieve/discount any information contained in the post.
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2002 - 06:07 PM UTC
the truck looks good 'WEWILLHOLD' and I too am having a break and building something with tracks. What is it you say? I'll tell you later. But first a question to the last two replies. What is a quote - ADV DUKW? Is this meant to be an abreviation (god I hate big words) for Avid dancing vehicle or something like that.

Cliff (I'm still a driver)

PS the track thingy - an Opel Maultier. well it is at least a half track so I am only partly wrong aren't I huh.
 _GOTOTOP