_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
T64B with paint
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2005 - 02:12 PM UTC
Heres my Skif T-64B M1984 just about finished up. I just need to work on my lower hull weathering some more, add pigments, fuel and exhuast stains to it. I also have to attach the Commanders MG also. Some of my weathering is lost in the lighting..the paint has much more of a "tone" to it that is lost with the lighting situation I have. I should have it finished up in time for the Devilcon show this Saturday. I'm also working on a base for it. Any comments/questions are welcome.

Herchealer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,523 posts
Armorama: 710 posts
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2005 - 03:03 PM UTC
Looking great so far scott. I can't find anything that catches my eyes as being off. How was the build on it. I have one lying in the waiting and wondered how is was to build??? Good or a bear. Can't wait to see the finished product. Hopefully someday i will be able to build models worthy of shows... Just need to keep working on my skills. But your looks good

GREAT JOB
herky
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2005 - 03:29 PM UTC
Um, Scott - does the Skif kit look that nice out of the box?

Yours looks pretty nice as presented in the photos. I'm not a big fan of heavy weathering - obscures the hard construction and detailing work. Are there in-progress pics I can check out to see where you started to get to this point?

Gunnie
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2005 - 03:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Um, Scott - does the Skif kit look that nice out of the box?

Yours looks pretty nice as presented in the photos. I'm not a big fan of heavy weathering - obscures the hard construction and detailing work. Are there in-progress pics I can check out to see where you started to get to this point?

Gunnie

I wish! The Skif kit is horrible, but the only plastic T64 on the market and needs lots of help. This is my second one I've built..I did a T-64BV a couple years ago. I know MiniArm (who did the turret for this model) is going to come out with more converisons...tempting me to build a couple more

as for build up pix, try this link.

http://armorama.com/forums/62070&page=1
RoelGeutjens
Visit this Community
Belgium
KitMaker: 410 posts
Armorama: 383 posts
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2005 - 09:08 PM UTC
Hey Scott

Very nice t-64 you have there. How are you going to to the tracks?? Or are the finished?? I would do them really rusty because they are full metal.
I was wondering which green you used????

Greetz Roel
Jurjen
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
KitMaker: 3,040 posts
Armorama: 1,016 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 05:11 AM UTC
Hi Scott,

Cool T64! I like those white stripes, they break the monotone green colour but I would try to add some different shades of green. It still looks, well, just too green

Not a problem though but I would try to add some different shadings and highlights. Maybe some dirt and paintchips could help to brake the colour.. I'm just thinking loud so this is not critique, just the way I'm looking to it

O boy o boy, first, I must begin reading your comments

Quoted Text

Some of my weathering is lost in the lighting..the paint has much more of a "tone" to it that is lost with the lighting situation I have.

lol, just forget what I said, hehe

Keep us updated!

Jurjen

fbuis
Visit this Community
Ain, France
KitMaker: 447 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 05:02 PM UTC
Scott,

That was an excellent T64B built, I didn't imagine that you can built up this awesome soviet tank, as I knew the Skif poor plastic quality. A built story with detail, please!

Francois
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 08:24 PM UTC
Nice build. The turret is excellent but it's the least we can except from MiniArm as regards with the cost !

It's a pity no plastic manufacturer gets interested by modern Soviet armor whereas the real stuff is not lacking. When will we see good kits of T-80's series, T-90 and others. So long and often announced and never on the shelves

olivier
Nick6570
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 20 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 01:39 PM UTC
on your hatch there are like screw holes, how did u get them washed, and not get any paint anywhere else, when i do a small area wash i seem to get paint everywhere
Red4
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Armorama: 1,867 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 12:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

on your hatch there are like screw holes, how did u get them washed, and not get any paint anywhere else, when i do a small area wash i seem to get paint everywhere

Two words for you... Gloss coat. It will help prevent the wash from"Spiderwebbing", that is going everywhere on you. Hope this helps. "Q"
Red4
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Armorama: 1,867 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 12:34 PM UTC
Scott, Nice 64. I just picked up another one as the one I had took an unplanned exit from box inthe bed of my truck. Its now scattered along Dixie Highway 31 in KY somehwere. One thing youmay want to add is a gloss coat on the drivers periscope as it is dull in the pics. Other than that, it looks great. "Q"
 _GOTOTOP