_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Verliden German 15 cm Howtizer/Famo
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2002 - 05:36 AM UTC
Hi Guys, since I had wrongly purchased the 88 for the Famo build, I had placed a hold on the Verliden German 15cm Howitzer, my question is:

1. I assume that this will be towed by Famo right?
2. Is the Verliden 15cm Howtizer any good? or is this this the only game in town. The reason I am asking this is that I never built a full resin kit before, so I am looking for something not so difficult.

Thank you all in advance for your help!
M4A1-M4A3
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 78 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2002 - 03:13 PM UTC
Can not answer your question about being correct or not. I have done about 12 or 15 Verlinden complete resin kits, and here are a few things that may help. Get plenty of reference material......test fit everything alot of times........ and do not remove alot of resin on the first shot, slowly get it down to the right fit. At times you will have to test fit a number of pieces just to get it the way it should be.
I would use a slow curing super glue so you will have some time (25 sec) to get the right placement. And most important take your time.
Hope this helps and happy building, I am sure you will like it
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 02:29 AM UTC
Not too sure about the famo towing this gun sounds more like the job of the sdkfz 7 or 8 but I suppose it could happen ...There were so few famos and the demand was so great just to tow back vehicules that had broken down.

Richard
Tanks46
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 113 posts
Armorama: 98 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 12:36 PM UTC
Hi ya SS-74. I don't know of an assigned Famo 18t for an 8.8cm. Most Famo 18t were used to tow extremely heavy artillery 21cm or above i.e. 24cm Kanone K3, 30.5cm Morser, 60cm Morser "Karl". Or as one of our other comrades stated for towing vehicles out of tough situations. Assignment went to Artillery (Heavy) batteries or individual pieces, tank transporting, etc. I hope this helps. Good reference Famo 18t by Military Machine Stefan Konig. I know also when a artillery piece had to be yanked real quick they used them as well. Speak to you soon. Butch Cassidy Tanks46.

Quoted Text

Artillery is the god of War. Stalin

_GOTOTOP