_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
"Axis Acces Denied!!!" Diary
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 08:33 AM UTC
Ola Guys

Well I`m going to start a diary here. It actually started about 3 days ago.

Well the Title may suggest I`m trying to get myself into a neonazi party but that is not the thing. Not really hunting for a place at the next facist Rally.
What the title is about is I had and actually still have a couple of questions for a guy over at Missing Links. He often uses the Axis forum. And he knows a lot about the Panzer 1.
Now ML is not what it used to be..... In the early days besides the "special atmosphere" you could write in every board a question which every now and then I did and it often did create answers to my questions.
Ok 3 days ago I found out that ML was now using a subscription thing otherwise you cannot even post a message in most forums

Ok this is the history that I was encountered with and this is what came next:

Monday 30 Octobre 2005
Dear Diary:
Today I had a couple of specific panzer 1 questions which I wanted to point to a guy on Missing Lynx.com. Surprised as I was I found out that I needed to create a Network45 account to even post in the forums or at least some of them I think. I have created an account at network45 to see if I could work it out and ask my questions. Did the Network45 thingy and waited for the Confirmation email.... not really a weird thing about a million forums work with this system. So waiting........... and waiting...................... and Waiting............ and... Ah there is the email. Opened it...... Clicked the link. was send to a page and got a really weird message about save and unsave things on that page but ok... my computers is save as a fort. Ok the page was loaded and there was some crap that the link I received in my mail was not valid. they adviced me to copy the link in a new browser window.... Invalid again. Read the page again and there was a link that I had to send to my Email and that should work. So I used that link and voila it worked and my Network45 Account was a fact.
Ok now I have a network45 account now I can post right? No No No dear diary you are absolutely wrong. For some apparent reason I can`t post. But... it is too late in the evening now and tomorrow the alarmclock goes too early again to wake me up for work so I leave it as it is now at least I have a network 45 account that is the first step.
I wish you a very good night dear diary and I will see you tomorrow.

PS: I also did some groundwork tests for my Motorcycle dio. And the work was dull again today.
CRS
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,936 posts
Armorama: 406 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 08:39 AM UTC
Robert - I've seen reports on several other sites that Network 54 has been operating strangely of late, no reasons given, just that it has been acting up.

Best of Luck
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 08:44 AM UTC
Tuesday 01 November 2005

Dear diary
Another day of work is behind me, a fine 12 hour day of hard labour. did some work on the design of my dads site and went further with the ML issue of which I told you about yesterday.
Well to start with I did some investigating on why I could not post anything even though I now have a Network45 account. I found out that almost all the forums of ML now use an approval of a group owner that is connected to that Discussion group. Well ok let`s do it... if that is what it takes to get my answers. So I come to this page that shows me all the forums and for which I can apply my membership. Looking up the Axis forum. And there next to the title Axis forum there is this sentence: "Edit/Delete Requires approval by Group Owner " well ok then I apply my membership and I am pointed forward to another page that tells me I using that Email account to apply for this DG (DG is Discussion Grouop Dear diary) and a little text box in which I have to tell something about myself as information for the group owner. This is what I wrote
Hi My name is Robert Blokker and I`m from the Netherlands. 24 years old and a Scalemodeler and a dioramist. My main interests are Early WW2 German army and the vehicles used.... With special interest for the Panzer 1 and all it`s variants.

With friendly greetz

Robert Blokker

Now dear diary I thought that sounds quite decent don`t you think? I tried to give some good information and I think I quite succeeded at that so now we have to wait again if I will be approved.

I`m going to leave you again dear diary as I have to work tomorrow an hour earlier then normal. I wish you a good night too.

PS: It was a nice day here. Summer started late in Holland.

Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 08:46 AM UTC
I've been using M-L regularly prior to and after the mandatory Network 54 registration. Never had a problem. Even the same log on I use at M-L works when I use HyperScale's Network 54 Tank Talk forum.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 08:54 AM UTC
Wednesday 02 November 2005

Dear diary.
Well after a hard days work...... I have been working like a dog........ It was a hard days night in a couple of minutes after I have updated you I will be sleeping like a Log.
well just after I had my diner this evening I checked my E-mail and what a surprise the groupowner of the Axis DG of ML mailed me... Well the surprise became an even bigger surprise when I read the title which was saying: Network54: Group Moderator - Axis WWII: Membership Denied "Acces Denied?????" for what reason?????? I`m kinda confused here. What did I do to be denied to this DG. Was my information not good? What do you think dear diary was my information not good? You read it yesterday. Ok well I opened the Email and I was greeted by this text: Your membership request in the group 'Moderator - Axis WWII' has been denied by
the group owner.

http://www.network54.com/Group/27724

Well that seemed a little bit like an Automessage to me. I guess the mods over at ML have two buttons..... an Approve and a Disapprove button. Probably the Groupowner of the Axis DG had a hard days work too yesterday and accidentaly in his tiredness clicked the wrong button. Well I try it again.
So I did the complete rite of applying my membership to the Axis DG at ML and typed the same information over which was
Hi My name is Robert Blokker and I`m from the Netherlands. 24 years old and a Scalemodeler and a dioramist. My main interests are Early WW2 German army and the vehicles used.... With special interest for the Panzer 1 and all it`s variants.

With friendly greetz

Robert Blokker

And now we are going to wait again. Hopefully the moderator has a better day tomorrow.

I wish you all the best this night and I hope you don`t dream about terrible things happening dear diary

PS: I almost finished reading the book "All the Way to Berlin by James Megellas. Very nice book about a Paratrooper from the 82 PIR H Company. you may read it if you like after I have finished it.

TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
Armorama: 503 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 09:41 AM UTC
Next page Robert! Please! :-)

Jean-Luc
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 10:02 AM UTC
Thursday 03 November 2005

Dear Diary
This morning I woke up quite early because I had a really bad night of sleep. My Soccerclub Ajax had to play yesterday against FC Thun Swiss ad even though they won it wasn`t deserved as Ajax played really bad. But besides that I want to tell you something more to the whole ML saga I `m telling you about the last 3 days. Just before I had to go to work I checked my email to find out that the axis DG owner of ML mailed me and again the same message as I received yesterday Network54: Group Moderator - Axis WWII: Membership Denied
Your membership request in the group 'Moderator - Axis WWII' has been denied by
the group owner.

http://www.network54.com/Group/27724

Ok...... Well I checked that when i came back home from work and had my diner. Ok now what to do?? well I filled in my Account on Network 45 to show my good intentions... I also question my information form that I sent out... will you look at it again dear diary... do you think it sounds trollish? I wonder what the other people have written to the DG owner to get their approvals. I will try it again and rewrite my information form for the groupowner in a different way maybe that will get me into the inpenetratable fortress called ML
Jim Starkweather pointed out to me that I`m probably asking approval for the wrong thing and that I`m now trolling for being a moderator for the Axis DG... I don`t want to be a Moderator for the Axis DG I only want to ask my questions... Jim said it could be a cookie problem (they had something similar a while ago) and advised me to delete my cookies. Well let`s try that.
Jim actually came to the resque. deleted all my Cookies, Deleted all the temporarily files, Emptied the Cache and tried it again..... nothing worked.... well actually it did work but it worked the same way as I did not want it to for the last 3 days. Then Jim came with a link that reffered to a page where I had to click a link for my validation key to use the ML DG`s... that should help me out.
Ok clicked the link, Clicked another link from that page the first link send me to, then was refered to another page which said that the validation key would be send to my Email account. So I waited....... and I waited and.... ah there it was. I opened my email and there I found a link. Clicked on it and was reffered to a white page with on top a sentence that told me I was validated. Now I can post.

Ok dear diary. that was it for today. If I sounded a bit harsh about ML I sincerely apologize. I was probably applying for the wrong thing... but then again it was the only thing I got so what would you do then? I still don`t think I was the one who made mistakes. I was just going the way that ML pointed me. Thanks to Jim with his never ending klnowledge of the System I`m now able to post on ML and ask my questions.... I save that for another day as my hours ore to their end I have to go to sleep. Lost a lot of time to solve this thing.

I wish you a good night too Diary.

PS: Tomorrow working, saturday the IPMS nationals in Holland.... what shall I buy?

With Friendly Greetz

Robert Blokker
 _GOTOTOP