Hosted by Darren Baker
Opel Blitz
Jock
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 58 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 02:50 AM UTC
I have many softskin questions that I hope are not too simple.First, what Yodaman is going to do with a deuce and a half,a Mercedes 3000, and a guitar?Is the guitar because these trucks have no radio and he plans to make his own music? Seriously though, I've built a couple of Opels and a Mercedes and I keep getting hung up on the cab. I've tried different sequences of assembly, tape, clamps,etc. and I still don't have enough fingers to get the thing together easily. What is the easiest method of assembling this thing? while getting the paint in the right place at the right time. Am I foolish to think there must be a better way or do I grit my teeth and flail away at it? What is the secret that everyone knows except me? There are lots of things to do with these trucks,but I'm hoping to ease my way. Any suggestions? Thanks JOCK
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 04:11 AM UTC
hi jock,
what i do is use manilla tape to hold everything together 'til it dries. it is just tacky enough to stick without being permanent.

Chris Pig no.1
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 07:36 AM UTC
I leave the back of the cab off so I can paint the interior. As far as assembly is concerned you are right. you need three pairs of hands. I dry fit every thing twice to make sure it fits then use a 60 second superglue so I can move the pards at least for a little while

Cliff (I'm still a driver)
Jock
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 58 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2002 - 03:43 PM UTC
Thanks guys. I was hoping for a "special method" for assembly but I guess I just must soldier on with the rest of the mortals.Just to prove I'm a glutton for punishment, I started the Italeri deuce and a half I've had for a year. These kits keep you on your toes and they're good practice for the easy kits.Thanks again,JOCK
 _GOTOTOP