_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Campaigns
Group builds and online competetions. Join the fun!
Hosted by Darren Baker
French Hussar riding on a horse
Wolf-Leader
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 1,225 posts
Armorama: 520 posts
Posted: Monday, November 07, 2005 - 10:44 AM UTC
I am almost finished with my Napoleonic dio, but I do have some questions on how to present my figure. As you know the figure is a French Hussar charging on a horse. What I would like to know is this, does anyone know of any pictures [art work] showing a French rider in his element [Battle]? This is my first Napoleonic figure and I am not sure what kind of ground work or battles they were involved.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Monday, November 07, 2005 - 11:04 AM UTC
Ola Jody

well I can`t help you with pictures... I have looked around a bit but haven`t found any in my quick search. I can however give you a suggestion to your groundwork.

If the Hussar is attacking on a running horse (a bit like this)

You could add a little drama and sense of motion (read speed) by forming the groundwork at a little angle to give the impression the Hussar is Charging off a hill.... downwarths to the enemy.
Make it a grassy hill and show signs of more horses that have passed that point. so the grass is really pushed into the ground.... hoofmarks and such. If you have it available in your scratchbox you could add a broken cartwheel on a side of the basewith the steel rim broken off or something similar. if you happen to have another hussar or a soldier from the same area of battle you could have a casualty in the field.... maybe a weapon that somebody lost. A crater from an Enemy canon... There can be a lot of things done to your groundwork. In the end the decision lies with you. I hope the pointers I gave you can lead to some inspiration. I`m not a Napoleonic builder myself but I think I can imagine a fitting groundwork for that era.

_GOTOTOP