_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
my sherman
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 03:59 AM UTC
About halfway through my sherman build,and am really enjoying it

painted in Tamiya Acrylics and then coated in future to apply the decals.then i gave it to coats of testors dull-coat to dull it down a bit.
now that i have seen the pics i then noticed some silvering on the decals,hopefully after some weathering they should not be as noticeable.

Thanks for looking
Smeagol
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 135 posts
Armorama: 119 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 04:03 AM UTC
Looks good, will look good after shading highlighting and weathering. ( not that it doesn't already) keep us informed of ur progress mate Oh ye, what colour did you paint the Base coat with??

Bye
Twentecable
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 339 posts
Armorama: 31 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 04:48 AM UTC
Looks nice and clean

pay attention to the shimmering of the decals!!

greetings Lars
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,123 posts
Armorama: 2,539 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 06:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

now that i have seen the pics i then noticed some silvering on the decals,hopefully after some weathering they should not be as noticeable.

To be honest, the silvering usually become _more_ noticable after weathering. Because you aren't finished yet, I would really recommend removing the decals, applying more future, using some decal setting solution and resealing. I know it's a pain, but you'll feel happier about it in the end. Believe me.

Paul
sonnyboy
Visit this Community
Denmark
KitMaker: 473 posts
Armorama: 252 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 06:31 AM UTC
looks realy good.. Looking forward to see the sherman beuty weathered... IS it the new sherman from DML:..
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 07:02 AM UTC
Cheers lads,but i had a sudden dislike to it and now i have taken the good old oven cleaner to it.
i realized it looked to dark of a green and did not like the black camo.so its back to the drawing board with this one

cheers karl
INDIA11A
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 577 posts
Armorama: 446 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 07:06 AM UTC
Very nice clean build. I had the same problem with decals and fixed it with the flat coat. Just for interest saw a cool pic of this type of Sherman being painted (black stripes) in a street. The painters put the black over everything, tools, jerrycans and crew storage including the dirt/mud! So you have really grungy OD and nice "clean" black. Would be kinda cool!
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 09:52 AM UTC

Just spent the last 3 hours stripping the paint and decals off this sherman,as i said i never liked the first attempt so i have given it a respray

its hard work these shermies :-)
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 10:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

its hard work these shermies

Hear hear... :-)

My Firefly is getting there, but by Jove, if I do any more Shermans they can cart me of to the funnyfarm.. . No sooner do you think that you've sussed a detail out, or it turns out that it was, or was not, so, or indeed sometimes or never. But then again.. . I believe now that each Sherman was individualy designed, build and painted by people who did not believe in the manufacturing process of 'standardasation'... .

Are these Shermaholics the same people who complain that German Panzers are to confusing?

:-) :-) :-)

Karl, are you still going for a camo scheme? If so, try using Nato Black, it's not so harsh as matt Black and to put the black on in thinner layers, and not to 'perfect'. Almost like misting it on. Black camo on green looks better IMO if it's faded.

Cheers
Henk
dogload
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 585 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 07:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Are these Shermaholics the same people who complain that German Panzers are to confusing?

It's probably more to do with the bewildering amount of kits to choose from that confuses than the panzers themselves! :-)

MC
 _GOTOTOP