Hosted by Darren Baker
Skybow Sleeping?
Panther88
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 70 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 03:53 AM UTC
What's up with Skybow, both Tigers are mint! but how long do we have to wait for future releases, it is like here are 2 great tigers and now they went to sleep the winter away. There website has not been updated for over 2 months now, the Firefly has been put on hold and we still only have scale drawings of the Jadgpanther and Panther. And with there big gap in kit numbers they must have at least 30 kits on the books to release. I was hoping they would give Tamiya a run for their money and give us a great selection of kits in this new revived scale. At this rate Trumpeter and DML are going to beat Skybow to the shelves.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 04:52 AM UTC
They had the same problem with their excellent 1/35 scale wheeled vehicles. They are small and do not have the resources to produce as wide a line as Tamiya. What 1/48 scale armor kits has DML released?
Panther88
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 70 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 04:54 AM UTC
Trumpeter has a few releases in this scale (Shermans) announced and I have heard DML is going to get involved in this scale also, too date no concrete confirmation of this.
Larry_dunn
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 79 posts
Armorama: 79 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 05:55 AM UTC
I'm just happy they put out two excellent models. I'm not going to complain that they haven't put out enough excellent new models to satisfy me.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 06:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have heard DML is going to get involved in this scale also, too date no concrete confirmation of this.

Well, there is NO confirmation of that from DML...Jim
Marlowe
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 289 posts
Armorama: 286 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 06:44 AM UTC
Actually Panther88, the SkyBow site was updated Nov. 2 with pictures of their new products, the individual track links for their Tigers. If you are like me, you will be checking Heavy-Steel daily for news of their next releases. As for Trumpeter's Shermans, Quarter-kit in France has them listed as available Nov. 15.
Glenn
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 06:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If you are like me, you will be checking Heavy-Steel daily for news of their next releases.

Thank you for the reminder of how inferior Armorama is..Jim
Marlowe
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 06:54 AM UTC
Now, now Jim just remember that Frank at Heavy-Steel has been lobbying the industry on behalf of 1/48 since 1999 so he has many contacts.
Glenn
Sabot
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 06:58 AM UTC
I agree Glenn. The well-established 1/48 and 1/72 scale armor modeling sites will almost always have an upper hand on inside info on models in their specialty scale.

No knock on Armorama. We have become fairly well-established commercially with vendors, especially in 1/35 scale. I know where to look first when I want to see the latest on Braille scale or sci-fi models.

You have to accept the fact that you can't always be the best in everything.
Marlowe
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 08:18 AM UTC
Yes Sabot, but let us also give credit where it is due. Armorama did create its own 48 sale forum. Now there are several sites for the 48 scale enthusiast to browse, both specialty and general.
Marlowe
1/48 has a great sentimental appeal for me.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 08:22 AM UTC
Is the Heavy-Steel site being alluded to the one on Yahoo Groups?

No offense to whoever runs Heavy-Steel. I think his efforts would reap more benefits if they were doing their news and research and publishing it here or on an affiliated site. I can't say this any more plainly than this... If you are someone that wants to create a scale modeling community about a specific topic, for a club, for particular vehicles, or basically anything modeling related... I would be happy to work with you to enable your creativity and energy so that is what you could focus on (not hosting, support, and advertising which is what I have to work on daily to keep this site going).

If you are at all wondering what the heck Jim is babbling about, just look at www.tfactory.org. Same engine and user-base as Armorama. Under-utilized as it is, it still demonstrates that all the publishing power of this site (and I have to be frank that is considerable) are available to those who are feel driven and qualified to use it.

Just a thought (and one I have often).

Cheers,
Jim
wingsntreads
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 174 posts
Armorama: 123 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 08:31 AM UTC
Skybow kits are great kits but they are not big in the PR deptment. I tried to become the main Importer for them in the US but due to the number of cases I had to invest in and no promise from them on getting kits here within a day or 2 from the release date in Hong Kong I decided I would be better off carring thier products but not becoming a primary importer. I have the tracks and more of the Tigers coming in by mid month but no idea as to release date info. I hope they get thier head in the game soon otherwise Trumpeter and Tamiya will overtake the market before they get established.
Sabot
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 09:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes Sabot, but let us also give credit where it is due. Armorama did create its own 48 sale forum. Now there are several sites for the 48 scale enthusiast to browse, both specialty and general.
Marlowe
1/48 has a great sentimental appeal for me.

Yes, I know. The 48th scale forum was my idea.
Marlowe
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 09:51 AM UTC
Then I tip my hat to you, sir
GLenn
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 11:28 AM UTC
I don't know about other sites or publications but Jimbrae does an exeptional job of updating releases right here on Armorama. Sometimes I think he has a chair right there in the planning meetings.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 12:09 PM UTC
Hehehe..Thanks for that (undeserved) vote of confidence. The truth is that being nosey is the only real pre-requisite of being News Editor..Jim
 _GOTOTOP