Hosted by Darren Baker
Accurate Armour
Sandbox
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 350 posts
Armorama: 158 posts
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2002 - 06:16 AM UTC
Just got back from the Accurate Armour site. Very nice looking kits with equally impressive price tags. I would be interested to hear of anyone elses experience with this manufacturer's kits. Also is there any US distributor?
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2002 - 06:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Just got back from the Accurate Armour site. Very nice looking kits with equally impressive price tags. I would be interested to hear of anyone elses experience with this manufacturer's kits. Also is there any US distributor?

Reminds me. Have you seen the Calibre 35 aftermarket product line? It is advertised on the Perth Military Modelers site and looks very interesting. I am interested in getting more information on their add-on for the Grant based recovery vehicle.
thanks
DJ
jackhammer
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 357 posts
Armorama: 310 posts
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2002 - 06:34 AM UTC
I purchased the Cheiftain Stillbrew and Togs conversion.Excellent quality and you get a comprehensive kit.Experience with photo-etch and resin is an absolute must.There was alot of careful resin trimming to do.Not for the novice but anyone with these skills can make an excellent model from thier kits.If you can afford them,its a good buy.Also,lets face it, they are the only ones making some of these kits.
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,546 posts
Armorama: 1,081 posts
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2002 - 06:45 AM UTC
I would love to tell you all about my experiences with AA, BUT I don't have any because they are so freaking expensive! $450 US for a HET!! Give a guy a break!

Rob
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2002 - 06:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I would love to tell you all about my experiences with AA, BUT I don't have any because they are so freaking expensive! $450 US for a HET!! Give a guy a break!

Rob

Rob--did you ever try a product from Calibre 35?
DJ
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2002 - 07:20 AM UTC
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/4772&page=1ut.url.here

Please check this forum post on Accurate Armor's Super Pershing.

NimitzFan
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 191 posts
Armorama: 41 posts
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2002 - 07:26 AM UTC
I have seen them on www.rollmodels.com, and yes they are not cheap. :-)
Sandbox
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 350 posts
Armorama: 158 posts
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2002 - 08:09 AM UTC
Thank you for the responses and the link to the Pershing M26 forum. I think I'll stick to regular kits for a while. A long while considering the posted prices.
herberta
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 939 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2002 - 08:27 AM UTC
Yep they are pricey!
Don't forget you are paying for a kit produced in very small numbers. The molds only last a short time with resin kits, and each kit is produced individually.

I can't justify dropping hundreds of dollars for a kit, but I understand why they cost so much. And it must be frustrating for these companies when the big T or DML come out with the plastic version, wiping out a big investment!

Cheers
Andy
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,546 posts
Armorama: 1,081 posts
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2002 - 09:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Rob

Rob--did you ever try a product from Calibre 35?
DJ

No I haven't, but a friend got their famo crane, but hasn't used it yet, so I will let you know what he thinks when he tells me.
Rob
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 760 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 01:35 AM UTC
Accurate Armor's newer products are very nice. Yes, they are expensive, but who else makes things like the Matilda 1 or Tetrarch? I would highly suggest buying one sometime just to try it out. You shouldn't be disappointed.

As for getting them, I would highly suggest buying direct from AA. It is cheaper (since there is no markup) and shipping isn't bad. They are reliable and their customer service is great. If you simply refuse to buy from them direct you can get them from Squadron and Mission Models here in the states.
cromwell
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 202 posts
Armorama: 178 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 12:45 AM UTC
Well..............Being a Brit, the warrior kit cost me £65 back in 90's, which I bought at Euromilitare.

At the time it was the only kit available to build the warrior MICV. A superb build, the only faults I found were :

The camo-net pole holder (very flimsy and easy to break, I ended up scratch building new ones using stretch sprue.)

The turret basket, I was totally unhappy about this solid chunk of resin, I eneded up scratch building a new basket.

The tracks are better than the tracks provided with AA's CVRT Scoprian/Scimitar. The CVRT's tracks were very fagile and a lot of the 'hollow triangles' on the tracks edges had been broken (easily disguised on a dio').

Other than a few niggles, they generally build up into nice vehicles. (and so they should for their money).

When they are the only company producing vehicles that you want to build, you are snookered into buying these kits (although very good), unless you can find the chassis to scratch build upon.

I would recommend these kits, I am saving up for the Challenger ARRV. (at a £1 a week, I expect to get it when I retire )
Harris98
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 23 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 03:58 AM UTC
I bought a few of their figures from their website. Arrived at my door in less than a week and the quality was excellent.
ch
 _GOTOTOP