_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Early Armor
WWI and other early tanks and armored cars.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Emher 1:35th Mk IV Female
Seanuke
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 49 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, November 11, 2005 - 09:03 AM UTC
One of my favorite tanks. While I have read rather disparaging comments on the EMhar kits, I have to say I did enjoy this one. It went together nicely. When one considers the terrain the Mk IVs and thier contemporaries had to operate in, it leads to numerous possibilities regarding weathering and finishing the tank. It is my intent to build some sort of 'diorama-like' display for the tank as well as to add a beam on the stern. I do have to say that it looks a lot nicer in person than it does in these pictures. Obviously the camera is not very complimentary. Enjoy! Love to hear your thoughts.

Torchy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,016 posts
Armorama: 1,187 posts
Posted: Friday, November 11, 2005 - 09:48 AM UTC
Nice one vic,
are the markings decals or hand painted?
Andy
Seanuke
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
Posted: Friday, November 11, 2005 - 10:43 AM UTC
While I would like to take credit for the markings, they are decals with Solvaset solution topcoated. I was very pleased with how they came out as few of the decals were on a totally smooth area. The solvaset does a nice job of forming the decals to the model.
TB2
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 361 posts
Armorama: 279 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 12, 2005 - 06:11 PM UTC
I never get tired of seeing pics of these tanks. I recently picked up three of the Emhar kits (Mark IV Male, Female and Whippet) for a steal at a contest. Haven't built them yet. Nice job! How did the tracks go together and what kinda glue did you use?
Seanuke
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
Posted: Sunday, November 13, 2005 - 10:09 AM UTC
Thanks. I am hoping to acquire all the 1/35th verions that Emhar has out. There is something unique with these beasts.

The tracks go together well. They did not have the posts that you have to melt to hold the tracks together. Rather more like two tongues that are glued together. I used a CA (super glue) I picked up at my LHS. They joints do leave some to be desired... erog the mud on the tracks. Hopefully you will have better luck.

It was nice to paint something other than Panzer Grey or Dark Yellow. Did enjoy the blue and red... nice diversion... and now back to the dark yellow.
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
Armorama: 1,050 posts
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2005 - 11:40 AM UTC
Hi Vic,

Your tank looks really great!

I think the Emhar tanks are superb... Especially as they seem to be the only company that makes them.

I have the 1/35th Male and the 1/35th Whippet. both are just about finished but I have severe doubts about the paint scheme. I think I'll just make it up and defy anybody that challenges me.

This really is an area of tank / artillery devolpment that is drastically overlooked.
 _GOTOTOP