_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
WW2 German vehicle tactical symbols
Tanks46
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 113 posts
Armorama: 98 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 10:57 AM UTC
Hello everyone. Looking for a good source for German Tactical Symbols. Although I have some of my own sources I believe they are not comprehensive. In particular I am looking for the symbol to place on the Famo 18ton halftrack and tank trailer. The one I was thinking of using is a trapeziod with broken lines. I believe it is a work shop unit or transport unit symbol I am looking for. Any ideas or sources would be welcome. Thanks Butch Cassidy Tanks46.

Quoted Text

I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight. Gen. George Patton Jr.

Grifter
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 425 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 11:08 AM UTC
Archer transfers has sheets of dry transfer tactical markings. I believe the website is archerfinetransfers.com . My only problem with that is you only get a couple of each. Also, the book Panzer Modeling Masterclass has a page of tactical symbols....if you don't have this book I'll look it up for you (and strongly recommend buying it). I've found the correct symbols there and drawn them with a very sharp colored pencil with good results...
Tanks46
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 12:56 PM UTC
Hello Grifter. Thanks for responding to my post. Any information you have on the Panzer Modeling Master book I would appreicate it. My local hobby shop has a good reference section, so I may have missed it or they can order it. I have plenty of tactical symbols from TL, but don't have the one referenced. I also need to put some signs on the Sd.Anh 116 trailer, but will do them by hand scribing and painting. An acquired skill. Again thanks for the info. Butch Cassidy Tanks46

Quoted Text

Whenever you have plenty of ammo you never miss. Whenever you are low on ammo you can't hit the broadside of a barn.

BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,546 posts
Armorama: 1,081 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 04:06 PM UTC
Panzerdiesel.com has some good info on formations and markings. Try here:

http://panzerdiesel.com/english/e200.php

Rob
Tanks46
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2002 - 01:57 AM UTC
To Rtwpsom2 - Sometimes one just needs to be reminded of the site. This was exactly what I needed and I had it in my favorites. Thanks for responding I can now move on. As I say so often this is why I love this site. Butch Cassidy Tanks46

Quoted Text

in the absence of orders go find something and kill it. Rommel

Posted: Friday, November 22, 2002 - 09:38 AM UTC
hey Tanks,
a great source for finding German Army tactical symbols is:
Bruce Culver's Panzer Colors ll
it has two charts showing early and late was symbols.

Chris Pig no.1
Tanks46
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2002 - 12:19 PM UTC
Hey Chris How are you? I didn't realize that Panzer Colors II had them. I can kick myself in the butt when a couple of months ago my local sanctuary had all three of them. I only purchased the first one. I've been talking to SS-74 have you seen his machines in rivets there great! As long as I have your attention I believe the tactical symbol I need to use is Motor field repair unit. What do you think? I should catch you in the Mess Hall I've been put on medical for about two months so after the first two weeks or so I expect to do some research, reading and building. Take care Butch Cassidy Tanks46.

[quote]The issue is not war or peace, but how best to perserve opur freedom.[quote]
Der Sonntag Bund
 _GOTOTOP