_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Guntrucks!
Guntrucks of all nationalities and flavors.
Hosted by Darren Baker
More of Eve in-progress
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2005 - 07:08 AM UTC
Some more photos of the progress of the Early Eve. This is the first time that I have used the sand bagged floor. This was a common practice in the early trucks. But as I had stated in the past we discontinued this practice because of the weight factor. After the sand bags got wet they would get too heavy and the chassis of the trucks would fail (break ).

More photos in my gallery. http://photos.kitmaker.net/showgallery.php?cat=15465
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2005 - 08:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

But as I had stated in the past we discontinued this practice because of the weight factor. After the sand bags got wet they would get too heavy and the chassis of the trucks would fail (break ).

To me, I am kinda wondering why not fill sandbags up to a certain level, overlay it with some wood, or another thin sheet of aluminum on top of the sand bags, and seal it? It probably would keep the water out, and that way you are not standing on live ammo (the .50 cal boxes).
I wouldn't be suprised if you tripped on the sandbags too!

Either way, it looks great! Exactly what I would come to expect from you. One question, why are the pintle mounts red?

Jeff
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2005 - 09:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

One question, why are the pintle mounts red?

This was a common pratice for the crews on these trucks. Just something we could do to spruce up the trucks.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2005 - 10:36 AM UTC
I like the sandbags Dave - they look "heavy".

You're just moving along quite fast with this one!

Gunnie
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2005 - 11:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I like the sandbags Dave - they look "heavy".

You're just moving along quite fast with this one!

Gunnie

Thanks Gunny. They are heavy. I made them using plumbers epoxy putty. I have been feeling pretty good lately and everything has been coming together smoothly. I am spending about 8 hours a day working on this one. The luxury of being retired.
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
Armorama: 1,050 posts
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2005 - 11:13 AM UTC
[/quote]

I am spending about 8 hours a day working on this one. The luxury of being retired. [/quote]

8 hours a day???

WAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm doing well if I get 8 hours a month!
PiotrS
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 199 posts
Armorama: 174 posts
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2005 - 08:13 PM UTC
Looks great, Dave!

All your trucks are excellent but every time you present new one it's better than previous. I'd like to build Eve too but I think I must wait for retirement to make all models I want :-)

Piotr
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 04:10 AM UTC
Dave, it looks awesome.
What is the "substance" you used between the steel sides? Is that more plumbers epoxy? You disguised it well because I cant see it in the further-progress photos. I am just curious.
The wheels and what I can see of suspension look great!
The sandbagged floor does look heavy as I have picked up wet sandbags before. I suppose that it rained quite suddenly and often to even consider tarping half the time, eh?
As usual, I hold your ability in high regard and continue to let your work give me a star to reach for.

Your Bud,
Cuhail
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 04:13 AM UTC
Dave, it looks awesome.
What is the "substance" you used between the steel sides? Is that more plumbers epoxy? You disguised it well because I cant see it in the further-progress photos. I am just curious.
The wheels and what I can see of suspension look great!
The sandbagged floor does look heavy as I have picked up wet sandbags before. I suppose that it rained quite suddenly and often to even consider tarping half the time, eh?
As usual, I hold your ability in high regard and continue to let your work give me a star to reach for.

Your Bud,
Cuhail
 _GOTOTOP