_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Credit where credit is due....
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Monday, November 21, 2005 - 08:35 PM UTC
As someone who (for obvious reasons) WASN'T able to be at the I.P.M.S. Show at Telford over the weekend, perhaps it's worth stopping a moment and reflecting just how valuable to the site the Armorama contribution actually was....

First of all, it would be remiss of me, NOT to mention the work done by those who staffed the Armorama stand and, in particular, Mal (Holdfast) who coordinated the whole thing.

Secondly, the work that can be acheived at a show like this has an ENORMOUS benefit to the whole site. Primarly in the area of recrtment of new members for the site. Another benefit, which few realize, is that actually speaking directly to future advertisers, manufacturers who will, at some point in the future be providing review samples etc.

The advertisers and the A-Guard members are the life-blood of the site. Without them, the site DOESN'T exist. Therefore, the time spent at shows speaking to new members and future advertisers will bring rewards.

In this, and I think I speak for many, I'd like to express my appreciation for the work realized over this (and many other) weekends, which at the end of the day, keeps Armorama in business - thanks guys!..Jim
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,127 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Monday, November 21, 2005 - 09:11 PM UTC
Agreed!

I wasnt able to get to the show this year either, but i went with mal last year and he has been planning it since then!

The stand was very very impressive and a great achievement for all involved with staffing it and putting the models on it!

Well done lads
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
Armorama: 503 posts
Posted: Monday, November 21, 2005 - 10:35 PM UTC
I also want to congratulate the British Armorama "unit" for the great job done at Telford... Frankly, I don't know where Mal (Holdfast) finds the time to do all this work?
To all members (and non members) involved in this, I would like to say I'm impressed by their commitment!

Félicitations les gars!

Jean-Luc
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 2,220 posts
Armorama: 1,707 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 05:46 AM UTC
Here, here! Good show lads!
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 06:11 AM UTC
Job well done UK fellow members !
We should all pay you a royal tribute for your work there.

olivier
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 07:05 AM UTC
I'll echo these sentiments - great job guys.
 _GOTOTOP