How do you like this one
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
Armorama: 264 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 11:20 AM UTC
got mine yesterday from my clubmate who bought it from Mike:

for those who do not know: Mike Belchers Köf II (photo taken from instruction CD)

Here is the parts layout

i already started the chasis (above left 5 piece assembly) lots of sanding , some large air bubbles and not fully mixed resin in some parts of my kit -- nothing too serious

Mantra: "modelling is fun, modelling is fun, modelling is fun, .." :-) :-)

Steffen
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 12:06 PM UTC
Interesting, some sort or railyard locomotive?
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 04:54 PM UTC
Is this a resin shell made to fit on a HO mechanism for an On30 gauge RR, or an O scale standard gauge? Interesting to have a model RR incoporated into a diorama. Or vice versa!
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 07:37 PM UTC
Hello Sabot and Biggles2

Quoted Text

Interesting, some sort or railyard locomotive?

I'll quote Mike(taken from the instructions) here, as I'm to lazy to translate the wikipedia stuff:

"In 1930, the Reichsbahn instituted a series of measures to improve rail transport in Germany. One of these was standardization of locomotive designs. In addition to the larger freight and passenger steam locomotives, a number of smaller diesel powered engine designs were instituted. The Köf series (K for ‘kleinlokomotive’ or small locomotive, ö for ‘öl’ or diesel (as opposed to Benzol or Gasoline) and f for ‘Flűssigkeit’ or hydraulic transmission) were built in three series; I (less than 50 HP), II (51 to 150 HP) and III (more than 150 HP). Köe used an electrical motor for propulsion.

Generally, these engines were intended for yard work, and small distance hauling. They were also built for one-man operation and the cab was intentionally very low to the ground to allow for quick access so the operator could couple cars as required.

Although standardized, there was considerable variation between manufacturers (AEG, BMAG, Deutz and others) in terms of engine and auxiliary equipment placement so there are detail differences in engine cowling and fuel tank locations. These engines were used throughout the 30s, and through WWII. After the war, a number were taken into service with the post war German rail system as the BR 321."

As for the Leistungsklasse i think those are post war numbers. Wikipedia said I = below 40 HP ; II = above 40 HP

@Biggles2

Quoted Text

Is this a resin shell made to fit on a HO mechanism for an On30 gauge RR, or an O scale standard gauge? Interesting to have a model RR incoporated into a diorama. Or vice versa!

The wheels are loose on the axle and will fit most rails close to scale (I guess). Just hope for a Kesselwagen for a re-fuelling scene ....

best wishes

Steffen
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2005 - 12:16 AM UTC
I've done a bit on the Köf II

also made some alignment mistakes, but I'll leave it as it is.
You can also see where I sanded too much of the ratiator housing leaving large holes....

the figure is a ICM mechanic for size comparison

cheers

Steffen
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2005 - 11:41 PM UTC
Two more in progress shots

Hope you like it.

Anyone has some ideas regarding colours and markings? Reichsbahn or Wehrmacht?

best wishes

Steffen
 _GOTOTOP