Hosted by Darren Baker
Information Offer
Cavguy66
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 27 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2002 - 03:03 PM UTC
If anyone could use detailed information on the equipment, organization and markings of the 3rd Squadron, 5th Cavalry, a 9th Infantry Division unit which also spent time attached to the 1st Cav Div, 101st Abn Div and 5th Mech Div let me know. I served with this unit in 1968 and 1969. Sorry, no photos for now. Those I had are lost somewhere in the attic...basement...who knows?
lifestyle
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 340 posts
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2002 - 03:11 PM UTC
waht kind of info are we talking about cavguy
Branden
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2002 - 03:24 PM UTC
Since you're a former Black Knight, I thought I'd pass on a link to 1st Cav's website: http://pao.hood.army.mil/1stcavdiv/organization/organization.htm. Two battalions of the 5th Cav still exist, 2-5 CAV and 1-5 CAV, both are now M2A3 equipped infantry battalions.

Welcome to Armorama from another Cav Trooper (2 tours with 1-12 CAV).

Disclaimer: If this question was answered in error, or an answer not required/expected/wanted, please notify me and I will delete the post. This post is not intended as an attack on any persons posting prior to or after this post. Please feel free to disregard/disbelieve/discount any information contained in the post.
Cavguy66
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 27 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 02:38 AM UTC
I can provide info (and sketches if neccessary) of the unit's tactical markings, also bumper number sequences and info on unusual subordinate units.
 _GOTOTOP