_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
To the Staff of Armorama...
WildCard
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 945 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 10:28 AM UTC
Hi Staffers,

First I'm gonna suck up to you guys and tell you what an wonderful job you guys did! Ever since I join this board my output and skill has trememdously improved (this is true)!

As a German AFV enthuthiast, I cant help but wonder why there are no German WW2 ranking system.

I would love to shoulder the badge of Whermact! Not that I'm politically insane, just think that it would goes will with my modeling subjects.

I'm not sure if many are with me on this...

WC
Glenn330
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 156 posts
Armorama: 36 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 10:48 AM UTC
OH NO!!! Hre we go again!!!! Sorry Benjamin. This topic has been beaten to death several times in the past. German ranks are not going to happen here. Perhaps a staff member will enlighten you as to why...............
Glenn
Glenn330
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 156 posts
Armorama: 36 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 10:49 AM UTC
OH NO!!! Here we go again!!!! Sorry Benjamin. This topic has been beaten to death several times in the past. German ranks are not going to happen here. Perhaps a staff member will enlighten you as to why...............
Glenn
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 10:53 AM UTC
Though im not a staff member, i do know for a fact this question has been asked many times and many have expressed interest on it.

I believe the conclusion on most of those threads is that staff jim decided against placing them up so as to avoid any complications by those who may be offended by them. The point about modern German ranks were brought up as well but i believe the answer to that was still to the affect of NO. If you do a quick search through the forums, you should fine a few threads on this.

ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 10:58 AM UTC
German modellers get all the kits and now you want ranks too?
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Armorama: 191 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 11:14 AM UTC
Though viewed as politacally incorrect by most out there...the german whermact is part of the whole scheme of things for what we model...no-one seems affended here by any swasticas on the airplanes...why not german badges....
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 11:35 AM UTC
I think before this thread takes flight again, do check out the responses in this thread.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/61934&page=1

I suspect alot of view points that will be raised in this thread will be largely similar to the ones already raised there.

Hope this helps Ben.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 11:48 AM UTC
No point in debating or presenting a case as the ownership has already made a decision
 _GOTOTOP