_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Campaigns
Group builds and online competetions. Join the fun!
Hosted by Darren Baker
T 34 DIORAMA
modelci2000
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 727 posts
Armorama: 194 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 10:35 AM UTC

Bricks are too clean

Guys I know whells of the tank has to be dirty on snowy field sorry !

BEST REGARDS
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,412 posts
Armorama: 1,174 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 10:47 AM UTC
maybe hide the pak a little... i doubt none of the soldiers would have spotted it. especialy the paint having a big contrast with hte enviroment.
btw: hte dio looks great, especialy the t-34!
Frank
modelci2000
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 10:51 AM UTC
Thanks Frank you are right
dsc
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
KitMaker: 247 posts
Armorama: 228 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 11:00 AM UTC
Ola Murat

I think your T-34 looks amazing, great painting and weathering. But I see two things which are a bit odd:

- wall thickness; in my opinion it's too thin, looks like only one layar of bricks was used to build it, and considering the wall hight it would collapse pretty easily

- rubble; at first I thought it looked good, but after a longer stare I've noticed that some rocks are too big. As there are no other buildings near, all the rubble should come from those walls, which are built out of bricks, so I would use mostly bricks to imitate rubble. But at your pictures you can see mostly other materials like big concrete chunks, rocks and other stuff.

You dio is still very nice, but those are the two things which can be noticed pretty quickly and distract the observer.

cheers,
dsc.
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 1,430 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 11:12 AM UTC
Great Job. I agree ..the bricks and things are a bit too "clean"..but that can be fixed easy enough..The tank looks really good..i love the weathering and everything about it.

Mary (++)
modelci2000
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 11:29 AM UTC
Ola Tom you are right about sizes . Look up closely
t 34 ı used different tecnique for making weathering : First painted enamel paint than painted acrilic white finally I scraped white paint with a pin ( enamel paints doesnt stick on acrilik paints )

modelci2000
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 11:34 AM UTC
Thanks Mary
madspaniard
Visit this Community
Porto, Portugal
KitMaker: 199 posts
Armorama: 197 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 12:10 PM UTC
Murat,
Great dio,your work on the T-34 is fantastic,figures also.
For me the only but ,beside the brick wall is:
If the street is in cobblestones,the mud tracks of the tank should be also with some snow,not so black,because the track is revolving the snow and adding mud dirt.
But nevertheless your work is great ,i like it a lot.
Pedro

Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,412 posts
Armorama: 1,174 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 12:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Murat,
Great dio,your work on the T-34 is fantastic,figures also.
For me the only but ,beside the brick wall is:
If the street is in cobblestones,the mud tracks of the tank should be also with some snow,not so black,because the track is revolving the snow and adding mud dirt.
But nevertheless your work is great ,i like it a lot.
Pedro

wait, this got me thinking! (rare moments :-) )
is hte tank running on cobblestone or on the mud? on the rear pic of your tank makes it seem like its on mud but the rest on cobblestone.

both ways, you might want to add a bit of snow mixed with the mud to the track because it wont all melt, it rather blends, and on the side of the tracks the t-34 is making, add some dirty snow on both side of the track to simulate hte snow beeing projected away from the tank! im not sure they have snow in turkey, so if your interested i could maybe email you pics of road conditions after a snowstorm!

anyhow, the tank and dio looks superb realy! i love your weathering.

Frank
TsunamiBomb
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,447 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 02:17 PM UTC
I really like the diorama. As said before the bricks do look too bright. What I do when painting bricks is give the entire thing a coat of raw umber or a really dark brown. I then take burnt sienna and drybrush it over. Then i take and mix the burnt sienna with white then dry brush that over selected bricks, but very lightly.
One other thing i noticed is your figure choice. The fallschirmjaeger are wearing whool tunics and jump smocks. They would be freezing, I KNOW from experience. But theres really nothing you can do about it and its only a minor mistake. Overall, I really really like the diorama and I definatly would like to see more from you. Cheers

Also, what year is the dio taking place? What location?
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 02:42 PM UTC
I can't tell but at there any footprints in the snow where the troops have been walking.
Jenny
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 119 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 04:29 PM UTC
Hi Murat ,
I was looking at the Bricks in your diorama & I think why it looks different to a normal brick wall is the mortar between the bricks . If you look at a wall the mortar is usually a brown/grey colour .You could use a wash like Harrison recommends or paint the wall overall grey/brown then drybrush the brickwall in the brick red colour , varying it slightly , darker & lighter for individual bricks to make them look like real bricks .
I often find , if it doesn't look right to me I mustn't have taken enough notice .
I really hope this helps
I really , really like the tank
Look forward to seeing your next diorama .
Lots of love
Jenny :-)8
Simon
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 878 posts
Armorama: 697 posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 03:43 AM UTC
Good work. I like the T34 - great weathering.

I have to agree with the position of the gun: It has to be more camoflaged. I mean, if the gun crew and the soldiers has been ordered to dig in, and protect that area, they ought to have concealed the gun better.

But still. Good work. I like it.
Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
KitMaker: 853 posts
Armorama: 514 posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 04:07 AM UTC
I like the dio. I especially like the color of the T34 and how you chipped the paint. It's somethign that i've been trying to duplicate for the nth time.

Most of the people here have already said what should be done to improve it. The only thing I can add is that the tank should have been at an angle, not parallel to the base.

I am making a dio of Russian soldiers. What color did you use for their uniforms? I only have Tamiya paints if you used any color other than Tamiya, can you tell me the Tamiya equivalent of that color?

Angela
Blade48mrd
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,185 posts
Armorama: 810 posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 07:50 AM UTC
Murat -

Beautifully done T34, and weathering, details superb. Like the figures alot also. Most of the others have provided very helpful suggestions. I also have to agree with "3442" in that the Russians (unless thet were blind or totally unaware) would have seen the 37 PAk before getting to this point. If you back up the T34 in the direction it came from, and compare that to how exposed the PAK would be (in view, facing the "wrong" direction) since the wall doesn't hide it, this makes me wonder why the Germans would position it there. Having the PAK behind the other wall, more facing down the road toward the T34 seems more logical along with being more hidden. Again just an opinion and takes nothing away from the outstanding workmanship. Great job and thanks for sharing!

Blade48mrd
thedutchie
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,299 posts
Armorama: 919 posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 08:11 AM UTC
Murat:

Good job. The T34 looks fricking great. Figures look awesome. What soviet figgies did u use?

Keep up the good work.

BigJon
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 08:50 AM UTC
Your diorama looks great and, importantly to myself as a viewer I don't know about anyone else, has really fun "narrative", you can see the ambush unfolding in your mind......if you take on board the things people are saying to improve your individual areas you will soon be well on the way to making something that will really turn some heads!!

modelci2000
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 09:21 AM UTC
Hi everyone thanks to Pedro , Francois , Harrison , Alan , Jenny , Simon , Angela , Big john,Mike and Brian . You all right about : The tank mark on snow ( Pedro and Francois in Blitzkrieg , I never thought about track mark on coblestones by the way we see hard snow storm in midle and east region of Anatolia ), hiding pak , ugly bricks , pak type , etc . I forgot the figures company but they can be tamiya (old ones ) .
Angela I forgot the colors number of uniforms Its khaki as you know . Thank you very much all comments

Did you see 5 years old model maker Alpi's page ? If you write something he'll getting happy :

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/64244&page=1
 _GOTOTOP