Hosted by Darren Baker
My dad's road
nicoropi
Visit this Community
Vaud, Switzerland
KitMaker: 243 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 05:16 AM UTC
My dad and I are working on a WWII allied dio.
At the moment I'm working on the truck, my dad on the road.
My dad wants to know what needs to be improved on the road.
Personaly I think it is already outstanding (his first attempt!!!), and that we can do a little drybrushing to make the stones stand out a little.
What do you think?

I also post some pictures of my truck, since none you gave any feedback in my latest post

Simon
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 878 posts
Armorama: 697 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 05:24 AM UTC
It looks good from here, I must say. Some dusty effect could make the road more realistic. It looks a bit too shiny still.

Otherwise a great groupbuild, and I wish you luck to the both of you. Keeps us posted please. Both of you!

Cheers
MonkeyGun
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 943 posts
Armorama: 825 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 05:28 AM UTC
Both the road and you Dragon wagon are looking great Ropi keeps us updated on the progress.

How did the Dagon wagon go together , I know it looks complex but any major problems ?

Is it all assembled ?

Just wondering how you intend to paint it with everything in place

Ian
modelci2000
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 727 posts
Armorama: 194 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 05:41 AM UTC
Go ahead Ropi It'll be a good diorama
nicoropi
Visit this Community
Vaud, Switzerland
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 06:12 AM UTC
Thanks guys

Hey Ian,
The kit is a charm to build. I did a couple of goofy mistakes, and struggled with the photo etched exhaust, but if I had a second chance I would have it right.
Don't you think it looks a little too smashed?

For tha painting, I will take off the wheels and the tyres off the wheels. It'll go fine, I 'll cover the winches with tape. I paint with a brush.

You can see more posts of the Dragon Wagon in the rivet review board and maybe also in the Armor one.
Have a look at the interior!
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Armorama: 1,867 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 07:07 AM UTC
Looks pretty good at this point. I'd add a wash to the road to deepen the recessed areas. Other than that it looks good. "Q"
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,924 posts
Armorama: 3,679 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 07:18 AM UTC
Ropi, great work! As for your Dad's road, he could 'paint' a thin line of PVA adhesive along the very corner of the gutter and add some static grass....a tiny, tiny amount, maybe even clump it, missing some parts out. Then a lot more dust, and finally matt it down. Tell him to get some cigarette papers, the king used to 'roll your own'. tear very small pieces off and crumple them up, just place randomly. This paper is fine enough to then look like in-scale litter.
Your Dragon Wagon looks great!

Vinnie
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Armorama: 1,339 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 07:03 PM UTC
Hi Ropi

Your dad's road looks great. Good variation in color. A little black or dark brown wash would be a good idea, for the road.
It's ok, for this kind of road, to have a little shine to them. They are usually 100 of years old and have been "polished" by 1000 of feet and vehicles. They shouldn't be glossy, but a little shine is ok.

The Dragon wagon looks great so far. Looking forward to see some paint on that beauty.
BigJon
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 08:25 PM UTC
Way to go getting your dad in on the project. It must be good to spend quality time like that with your father whilst still enjoying your hobbies...my dad's lost the plot a little bit in his old age, but his antics are hilarious :-)

The truck is nice! what kind of truck is it ? Sorry but it looks far too modern for my kind of build, but I must admit I bet it looks cool with those window guards up !

The only suggestion I'd have for your father is to dust up the "gutters" a little more, as rain washes off the camber of a road and takes the dirt and litter down to the kerb then dries up. Other than that, it looks great and I wish you the best of luck with it !!!

Jon
seb43
Visit this Community
Paris, France
KitMaker: 2,315 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 08:51 PM UTC
Dear Nico
As allready discuss, it looks really good. You should put more pics from the inside of the Dragon.
May be some weathering, it look to nice for me, and pigments (dust) on the wheels as well on the road.

And your dad did a great job, when it will be finish please let me know i will love to see it

cheers
seb
nicoropi
Visit this Community
Vaud, Switzerland
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 07:38 AM UTC
I couldn't be more proud of my husband and father in law, I am a lucky woman to have them both so into doing their diarama, it let's me watch all the episode's of six feet under and 24 that I can get my hands on!!!

jbirdblack

ps: what the heck is swimbo???
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 07:53 AM UTC
Ropi, you and your father have a very nice build here. I love the Dragon wagon and the road. How did you father make the road. Could you give us some details? Thanks Kevin
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 08:17 AM UTC
Ola Nicoropi

This looks like a great start for a diorama mate.
I second the addition of more of the small litter like: Papers, Leaves, Grass, Package of cigarettes. Further I have to say that it looks very good. I love the fact that not all the stones are the same color.. great eye for detail.

The Dragonwagon looks very good to me. Can`t wait to see this beast painted and weathered up.

nicoropi
Visit this Community
Vaud, Switzerland
Posted: Friday, December 02, 2005 - 12:52 AM UTC
Kevin,
The road is just made with scribed plaster.
The technique is very basic, but the result is great!
The ring on the sewage is from soldering wires.
1AR
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 50 posts
Posted: Friday, December 02, 2005 - 08:19 AM UTC
Nice to see a family effort. I would not worry about the exhaust as once the dragon is painted and put in the dio it might enhance the dio. I do like the idea of some dirt in the gutters.
Nice job
Andrew
MonkeyGun
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 943 posts
Armorama: 825 posts
Posted: Friday, December 02, 2005 - 08:24 AM UTC
Hi Ropi

I dont think the exhaust looks bad at all , it adds "character" to the truck

Keep us informed on your progress

Ian