Hosted by Darren Baker
bit by a tiger
johnnyboy
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 173 posts
Armorama: 80 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 03:14 PM UTC
hi guys,well i got my first 1/48th scale kit today the tamiya tiger,started building it tonight and i have to say i think i like this scale.its really cool.ill post pics soon.and i have the skybow tigers comming.well thanks johnny
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 1,396 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 03:24 PM UTC
Good to hear that you're enjoying your modeling!

Keep us posted..
E23C
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 238 posts
Armorama: 142 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 04:57 AM UTC
I just picked up the Tamiya Tiger and the T-34 this morning,they are nicely detailed kits and are now at the top of the build pile.

Regards
Mark
johnnyboy
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 173 posts
Armorama: 80 posts
Posted: Friday, December 02, 2005 - 07:38 AM UTC
had the day off today and have been building this kit since i got up this morning i love this model what a lot of fun,i thought at first the diecast chasis was going to be problems,not at all in fact i like it better reall good kit i am going to buy more of these.has anyone got the panther yet is it any good how about the m-10 let me know thanks again johnny
Black_Water
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 94 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, December 02, 2005 - 11:22 AM UTC
I enjoyed building this kit a lot as well. I just have to finish painting it...and the other two tiger on my bench...

I picked up the Panther from my LHS about a week ago. I haven't started it yet (amazingly) but in the box, the detail is fantastic. There are options for to build an early or late panther, and there is even a piece of string to use for the tow cables. Although I'm not a fan of the die-cast hull, I think Tamiya did a better job with this one. The side sections that hang over the tracks(can't think of the word off the top of my head...just woke up) ae done in plastic, and can be added after the tracks are assembled, unlike the tiger. You can find a full in-box review here.

Chris
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
Armorama: 1,116 posts
Posted: Friday, December 02, 2005 - 02:00 PM UTC
I think that you mean the schurzen plates

Pete
 _GOTOTOP