Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 05:04 PM UTC
hi guys,anyone make a barrel for the tamiya tiger let me know thanks johnnyboy
Marlowe
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 289 posts
Armorama: 286 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 06:09 PM UTC
Offhand, LionRoar and FineMolds. Check the reviews on the Perth Military Modelling site. Ironically, there are more choices in metal barrels for the Sherman. There is also a company who makes a metal barrel for the old Bandai Tiger. LionMarc designs of Hong Kong makes a metal barrel and mantlet for the Tamiya Hetzer if you are thinking of making that kit. Quarter-kit of France has 76mm metal barrels for Shermans. They are meant for Solido conversions but hopefully will fit the Trumpeter Shermans which are expected to be released in early Februrary. A metal barrel for the late-production SkyBow Tiger with light weight muzzle brake is pending as well. I guess what I am trying to say is, "Don't panic, everyone's 1/48 scale AM needs are starting to be met."
Glenn
wingsntreads
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 174 posts
Armorama: 123 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 06:52 PM UTC
Keep an eye on Armorscale they are working on a number of 1/48 scale barrels including the Skybow Late Tiger, Stug, Sherman, Hetzer, Fingers crossed that we will soon see the 75mm for the Panther and Mk IV soon as well. LionMarc has a great Hetzer barrel and they just release the engine cooling fans for the Skybow tiger. LionRoar has some 1/48 scale barrels and both Eduard and Voyager will soon have them as well. Personally I would wait for the Armorscale or LionMarc products. As far as I've seen the have the best quality for a reasoniable price.
johnnyboy
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 173 posts
Armorama: 80 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 01:43 AM UTC
thanks guys appreciate it johnny
Marlowe
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 289 posts
Armorama: 286 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 03:58 AM UTC
Track48 already sells brass barrels by R. Schatton of Germany for the Panther, MkIV and King Tiger/Jagdpanther. They were made for the Bandai kits. I will know soon if they fit the Tamiya kits.
GLenn
 _GOTOTOP