_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Legends IDF kits/conversion Puma Achzarit?
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 06:42 AM UTC
Anyone built either the Legends Puma or Achzarit APC's?
I'm thinking about splurging on myself for the holidays.

Achzarit, did you build/buy the conversion set or full kit?

Thoughts? comparisons to AEF or other resin manufacturers welcome.

I have the IDF M151conversion and the mini-gun set, so I know a little about Legend's stuff..
Mike
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
KitMaker: 793 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 06:50 AM UTC
=Yeah BABY!! Good Ol' uncle Jack is starting to tackle this one Just for the sheer pleasure. Do yourself a favour and Get one. Note that Azimut aka Ironsides is also going to be bringing one out shortly. Their's will have an interior, something not vital yet lacking in the Legends kit. Depends on your needs. Anyways the prices will be Kiff-Kiff (equivalent)

Now hey there Jack.... you stop being a smarty pants and using all tha techno jargon, model babbel!!

Jackasaurous
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 07:08 AM UTC
Thanks for the quick reply Capt Jack.
I also just found the review over on Tracklink ( also known as "the site that will not premit linking to")
If VLS in the states has them in stock, I can get them quite affordably ( for a full resin kit that is)

Are you doing the full kit version or the Trumpeter conversion?

Mike
penpen
Visit this Community
Hauts-de-Seine, France
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
Armorama: 929 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 07:11 AM UTC
If you like israely stuff (who doesn't ?), you should check the new brand "Best Value Models".
These guys take a sprue from DML, one from Tamiya... tracks from AFV... they make some resin... and there you've got a brand new kit :
israely M50 sherman
israely M3 halftrack with SS11 missiles !

If they still have one of these two babes in late december (when I get myself my christmass present ) I'll get myself one !
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
KitMaker: 793 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 07:59 AM UTC
No problem, MLD. I'm building the full blown jobbie..LOOks good, but then the master maker is the same one who engineered the Corée productions Ben Gurion! I also have their Shermy ambulance conversion, which also looks great. A few minor casting foibles, but hell it's such a rare pearl, I didn't think twice, nor complain. I hope these guys continue their rythm, and I know that Mouse House Publications are also getting into the act with slated IDF stuff. Hope you enjoy your build.

Jack Shalom
 _GOTOTOP