_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
A Few Bad Eggs
Blade48mrd
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,185 posts
Armorama: 810 posts
Posted: Friday, December 02, 2005 - 07:39 PM UTC
Richie and all -

It is always a shame when something or anything taints the reputation and quality of what Armorama is really all about. There is just too much great stuff and too many great people here. Yours and Jenny's presence and contributions would be sorely missed. You both have so much quality, talent, and experiences to give. Please don't allow this "incident" dictate how you judge or feel about the "rest of the eggs".

Blade48mrd

"The needs of the many, out way the the needs of the few..."
DODGE01RT
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 545 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, December 02, 2005 - 07:59 PM UTC
As I missed the offending post I can't say anything.But Jenny and you Richie (as are all the members) are an asset to the Big A.We'd sure miss her wit around the board.It would be a shame if a few bad eggs scare her away.

One thing I've seen about Jenny is she has a thick skin and hope she thinks it over and comes back. Maybe when she cools off and I hope she does she will come back.

Jim
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Friday, December 02, 2005 - 08:00 PM UTC
I saw the first couple of posts on the "Telford" thread and decided to stay out of it. That's a decision we can all make when items are posted in an open forum.
From the time I have spent on Armorama I would say that when the offending post was made it would have been an attempt at humour and not meant to offend anybody.
Sort out any issues with those concerned and please don't judge the whole community here by the actions of a few .

Come back Jenny - please.

PS: Harrison - I'd be much obliged if your removed the word 'stupid' from in front of 'moderator people' in your post - the moderators do a great job in helping to keep this site as it should be - suitable for all to view. They are human, not everybody is right all of the time, but "stupid" they ain't!!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Friday, December 02, 2005 - 08:08 PM UTC
Richie (& Jenny),
I also want the site to be a friendly and non-sexist place for all modelers. But I have to say I think the way Jenny handled that situation was not the best choice of action. I am somewhat at a loss because some of the offending posts have been removed. But I don't see what the fuss is about quite honestly.

I am sorry Jenny feels slighted by a few male members. We have about 11,500 males on this site and something makes me think they would all go goggle-eyed at a show with women in skimpy clothes. Just call me a realist I guess.

As for your PMs, those ALSO were not the way to handle this situation in an adult manner. Quite frankly this is third incident now that either you or Jenny has been at the heart of. First it was the whole broo-ha on the Aussie forum, then your and Jenny's attack on one of our moderators and long-time members, and now she wants to start a fight over this? Please... if you both decide to stay and honestly focus on what this site is about (MODELING) than fine. But the staff and myself is getting a bit weary of this soap-operaish behavior. I am not trying to say others are guiltless in these incidents. But again... try to handle them in a more postive and less confrontational manner would you?

Jenny for the record I think you are a great member (sans above incidents) and I hope you decide to return. This site is made up of a lot of different personalities and yours is welcome here too.

Regards,
Jim
 _GOTOTOP