_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Sovereign 2000 Daimler help
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,127 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Friday, December 02, 2005 - 11:09 PM UTC
Im currently building and improving the above kit.

So far are very impressed with it as i have added several scratchbuilt corrections to the kit.

The problem i have is with the suspension parts. Aside from the fact they are poorly molded they dont seem to fit right.

If building them according to the instructions the wheels are about 2cm to far out (outside of the very large wheel arches!)

The kit instructions are very vague. Has anyone else built this kit, and how did you build these parts.

Failing that does anyone have a photo of the suspension so i can scratchbuild it?

cheers

Joe
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 03, 2005 - 12:15 AM UTC
Joe any chance of showing a scan of the instructions or a photo of the suspension so that I can see what is there as I am unsure of what type of suspension is on these.

cheers
Cliff
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 03, 2005 - 12:40 AM UTC
2cm is a huge amount Joe - I built this a few years ago with no problems, so check the parts again - it's easy to confuse the front & rear parts on this kit.
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, December 04, 2005 - 09:01 PM UTC
Thanks for the replies lads,

Cliff, my scanner isnt working at the moment im afraid.

Dave, which way around does the supension go? the instructions show how the peices go together but dont show which parts are for the front or back.

Ive worked out the problem with the wheels sticking oout too far is down to molding problems, ive sorted this but im still not sure which way around the parts go.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

ill post some pics of the kit once ive got the suspension parts on

regards

Joe
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Monday, December 05, 2005 - 12:02 AM UTC
Joe, unfortunately my model has gone to a new home in exchange for cash, and none of the pics show the suspension! I seem to remember that the front & rear units are different lengths, with the shorter ones at the rear. The long springs go up through the holes in the front mudguards and mount to the wishbone at the bottom. Other than that it's a bit trial and error I'm afraid - Sovereign2000 kits are good, but the instructions leave a lot to be desired.
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, December 05, 2005 - 03:06 AM UTC
Thanks dave,

i think mine must be a bad egg. the white metal parts are pretty dire, but the metal parts in their 2-pdr kits were excellent.

ill give it a go with the shorter ones at the back. as so much of the suspension is visible once the wheels are on i was thinking about replacing the big springs.

_GOTOTOP