_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
I need referance for RPM's Minenraumer
Tiger101
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 902 posts
Armorama: 628 posts
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2002 - 03:43 AM UTC
Can anyone help? With all of the referance books I own this subject isn't easy to find. I'm begining to think that it's a fictional vehical. I have only seen one photo of a GI standing next to the front wheel.
M4A1-M4A3
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 78 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2002 - 04:05 AM UTC
Checked my books to, do believe I have the same picture you do, and a small history of it, If you want the history I will send it to you. I found the information in the Encyclopedia of german tanks of W.W. 2
Good Luck
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,416 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2002 - 04:11 AM UTC
Is that the huge 4-wheel articulating body thing? German WWII stuff is not my forte', but Military Miniatures in Review (MMiR) did a spread on someone's build a few issues ago.

Thanks,
Kevin Keefe
Mortars in Miniature
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2002 - 04:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Can anyone help? With all of the referance books I own this subject isn't easy to find. I'm begining to think that it's a fictional vehical. I have only seen one photo of a GI standing next to the front wheel.

If this is that big, open topped, articulated thing, I have a picture f a completed model that made the rounds last fall in New England. Drop me a private message with your e-mail and I'll send this off to you if you want.
Tiger101
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2002 - 04:19 AM UTC
This is the smaller version with Three wheels. Two large front wheels and a third smaller wheel at the rear for steering. I just got it from my friends hobby shop. It's only out in France.(it's nice to have friends in low places LOL) I have tried to post the box top but I'm having a problem. The photo in The Encyclopedia of german tanks of W.W. 2 is the one I have and I think that it's the 4 wheeled one. This smaller version may have taken part in the battle of Kursk ( that's what RPM claims).

Tiger101
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2002 - 08:48 AM UTC
Ok after 3 days of searching I finally found photos of a vehical in Kublinka Russia. Its not painted to well but it will have to do. Thank all of you for looking. If anyone finds a better photo please let me know. Here is the link. Alkett Mineraumer Thanks Again.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2002 - 09:00 AM UTC
At least this thing's got some self defense with that panzer I turret! The other thing left its crew out in the open with not much to shoot back with!
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2002 - 09:18 AM UTC
Here's another site with a couple pics of that very strange monster: Minenraumer
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2002 - 09:21 PM UTC
The site is in Chinese, if anyone interested, I can provide a brief run down.

Tiger101
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 12:18 AM UTC
Thank you SS-74 That would be helpful. I used alta vista's bablefish but the translation is very crude. If you have the time I would be in you debt.
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 04:14 AM UTC
Tiger, I will print it out, and do a brief translation tomorrow.
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 03:03 PM UTC
The 3 wheeled Minenraumer is stored in Kubinka Tank Mesuem in Russia. The vehicle is welded together with soft armor plate, ranging from 20 – 40 mm in thickness. The bottom of the vehicle has the thcikest armor, and also reinforced with cross bar. Top of chasis has 20 mm armor. The armor on the turret is same as Pz I. The driver’s compartment located at the fron the of the vehicle, with transmission and engine at the back.

There are a number of theory on how this vehicle was located:

1. The soviets captured it during battle of Kursk.
2. It was found buried in Poland somewhere at the end of the war.
3. It was found in a garrison in germany after the war, the vehicle was scattered, with its turret laying around near by. It was speculated that German had rigged it with explosives and tried to destroy it.

The vehicle is manufactured jointly by Krupp, Allkett, and Daimler-Benz, on its transmission there is a label said “ IX/41”, hence, author is speculating that the production time cannot be later than 1941.

In 1947, the Minenraumer was taken to Kubinka for testing, unfortunately it didn’t swept a single mine in the mine field. Reseacher thought that there might be some malfunction in the vehicle (OR RUSSIAN MINE IS REALL BAD… J )

The finding of testing is that the vehicle is very heavy, and slow, the transmission is very unstable.

Original Author : SSPANZER
 _GOTOTOP