_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Completed Accurate Armor Ferret Mk 2/3
modelguy2
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 818 posts
Armorama: 269 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 11:31 PM UTC
Built for the Owner Ian Wallace in Columbus Ohio:

Link to more photos and the 1/1 vehicle:

http://www.oldmv.com/Ferret/model/model.htm

Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
Armorama: 1,050 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 02:32 AM UTC
Hi Mike,

That looks great, I really like it! The detail is superb.

How was the build, any problems? What Green did you use?

The Ferret is a cracking vehicle to build... And drive. Great fun, especially with the "inverse" steering wheel. :-)

What's the yellow round thing next to the wire reel? If it's a rotating hazard light then I would say that it's far too big. I would expect a hazard light to be about 1/3 of the size of that one.

modelguy2
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 03:49 AM UTC
Hi Murdo,

I used model master Olive Drab #2050. The Lights about right-click the link to see his 1/1 ferret.

Mike T

Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
Armorama: 1,050 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 04:05 AM UTC
Man! I stand corrected! That hazard light looks HUGE on a Ferret! They always seem so small on Challengers / Warriors.

Perhaps they're a different size of light.
rfeehan
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 727 posts
Armorama: 648 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 04:14 AM UTC
If lights on Police cars are any indication they were alot bigger in the 60s than the 90s... At least they seemed it to me.

barv
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,594 posts
Armorama: 973 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 04:52 AM UTC

Nice ---drove and commanded one for many moons ----?Is that a R S D G decal?----
Mmmmmmmm!! brings back memories of Aden --4/7 R D G 's ----looooong time ago
Never carried a "winky-blinky "-----but thats progress --something more to cover up :-) :-) :-)
aye
Barv
(GOSMG)
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
KitMaker: 2,511 posts
Armorama: 913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 05:25 AM UTC
Mike, that was a superb finished on one of my favourite vehicle.
The only things beside the lights is the flag. Looks like it's too thick...the rest are superb!!!
So how was the AA Ferret kit? i've been planned for years to buy this expensive resin kit but my budget doesnt allow me. My father used to maintance and drive it when he was at the Electrical Engineer and Machinery Corp..He told me how fun and easy he was with the ferret.

modelguy2
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 05:51 AM UTC
Hi Gents,

That is indeed a RSDG insig on the turret face the flag is a bit thick but it's simply printed an cheap computer paper and folded over. As a matter of fact all of the markings are simply printed on computer paper and applied with future. I believe the "whoopie light" had to be installed so it can be driven on the streets and roads here in the US . The kit itself was a bit of a chore as usual with AA kits. Lots of cleanup and trying to figure the instructions out (bad enough on a simple kit but this kit has instructions incorporated throughout for 1 of 3 versions!) Ian did point out that I forgot the sand channel keeper onners but I was waiting to get the base that mysteriously dissapeared from FedEx and by the time the 2nd came I'd forgot about them-no worry though 2 made up in my room and will post tomorrow. Ians Brit vehicle is a bit bigger than mine though....

Mike T
 _GOTOTOP