_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Good Guy Alert "thebear"
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 12:42 AM UTC
Hi everyone, not to long ago I was working on a Tiger for my latest diorama and found that an exhaust part was missing from the box so I contacted Academy and asked them if i could pruchase a replacement sprue. I waited and waited and tried two more times to contact them to no avail so i gave up on this kit. Well talking one day to Rick "the bear" he tells me he would be happy to send me the part. today it arrived and i find the whole exhaust system not just the part i was needing. to me this is a wonderful gesture and a great example of what we have here in Armorama, where people help people. Thanks Rick, i really appreciate it. cheers Kevin
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 987 posts
Armorama: 444 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 01:59 AM UTC
Rick is the ONLY person who I have met who is "currently" on this forum and I am happy to say it was a pleasure. Although we have not had any transactions, I feel confident in backing up your statement, Kevin.
Blade48mrd
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,185 posts
Armorama: 810 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 02:10 AM UTC
Kevin -

Got to agree there. Everytime I'm had a question, needed some extra info, clarification, reference on AFVs, I've always been able to count on members like "thebear" and/or "Kelley" to come through. It's that kind of knowledgeable help and great support that makes Armorama so great. And don't discount yourself Kevin as your hints, techniques, and examples in Armor dioramas has been invaluable.
Thanks all,

Blade48mrd
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 1,430 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2005 - 09:16 PM UTC
Personally, I have not had to call upon Rick's expertise, but i do know and have witnessed how much he has helped Kevin with diffrent things. I have talked to Rick in PM and he seems to be one of the true genuine "Good Guys" Kudos to Rick..

Mary (++)

PS>..Rick....get that MSN installed..hehe..

Mary
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2005 - 09:40 PM UTC
Agreed,

I've leaned on Rick aka "TheBear" more than once for information regarding past Sherman and Chaffee builds, -- plus his expertise/knowledge, (I believe), also spills over into the German armor field. Very knowledgable, and concise in his responses.

Steve

ps: He does not post to my work anymore however , so he's either trained me well, or he's given up :-)
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 06:50 PM UTC
Gosh guys ..eerhhh ...I don't know what to say ..I just found this post today ...Well all I can say is I love this hobby and if I can help anyone one out ...it makes my day... I do find that I'm one of the more critical people on this site but if it helps some one improve their work well my job is done..I always try to say what I like as well as the corrections that need to be done ..I hope I never came off as bashing anyones work...
Alex not all us Canadians are .................. :-) .
Kevin and Mary ..you guys are great and yes I'll figure out this Messenger thing soon...
And Steve ..don't worry I'm watching you!
I don't concider myself as a know it all but during the 30 some years of model building I guess the books and magazine reading has paid off ..I'm glad I can help and if anyone needs help just P.M. me and I'll see what I can do for you.

All the best
Rick
 _GOTOTOP