_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
T54B Part 1
mikado
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 329 posts
Armorama: 254 posts
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2005 - 10:10 PM UTC
I wanted to built a T54B, did a search on the net and discover there are tons of information on T-55 on the web but couldn't find much information on T-54B. Finally someone point me to the web site tanxheaven.com.

Had a great time trying to assemble this T54B even though it's another trumpeter kit for me...

Done with the pre-shade and the base coat. Also apply a layer of gloss to protect the base-coat. As for the marking, I wasn't sure if any T54B had this...but I have some left-over decal from my Tamiya T-62A, thought I just put it on ....

Now I am ready to start the fun part....weathering...

Fellow modeller of armorama....Any suggestions ???

TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 05:51 AM UTC
Nice job so far.Though the track joint on the rt rear needs superglue to close that part sticking up.
Now,since this has no"damage" on it,I would go light with any weathering,a light dusty overspray,maybe a bit heavier down low would be enough.
(++) (++)
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 05:56 AM UTC
Mikado
Very nice T54B How was the kit to build? Like Carl says,just a small amount of weathering Also add a black wash to highlight the recessed areas
mikado
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 329 posts
Armorama: 254 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 07:42 AM UTC
Hi Chad and Carl....

Quoted Text

Mikado
How was the kit to build? Like Carl says,just a small amount of weathering Also add a black wash to highlight the recessed areas

Thanks guys.....

Being a early trumpeter kit....well there are a lot of fitting problem and also a lot of in-accuracy to the model.

I had to move the front light a little more to the right and had in some smaller detail on my own, also used putty to fill in a lot of small gap...some still visible if you look close enough....

Quoted Text

Also add a black wash to highlight the recessed areas

I had previously built another T-55 from trumpeter kit....I used W&N black oil paint to do the wash....the efect was far from what I expect....seems like that T-55 was under acid rain for a long time. I was out of idea how to correct this wash so I left it as....

BTW, how to you guys try to salvage sitaution like this ??? For me, doing another model is to salveage my way of salvaging the situation...but it takes a long time.....

For this T54B, I will try to do raw umber, burnt sienna, wash and see what I get...so stay tuned.....

_GOTOTOP