_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Site Based Family Story
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2005 - 05:26 AM UTC
There have been a few stories lately about how this site is friendly and a second family to some - I thought I'd share mine.

I'm sitting at my desk today at work and my phone rings - I look at the Caller ID and don't recognize the phone number. My first thought is that I'm dealing with Consultants and Salesmen from different states and that this was one of them. So I answer. As soon as I pick up I hear a voice and he says his name, his real name, his full name.
It wasn't a salesman or a consultant - it was a member here. It was someone I have emailed and PM'ed and shared a great deal with all through electronic means. This was the first time I had talked voice to voice with him. As we chatted I had a very comforting feeling of pure recognition and ease with him. As soon as I heard his name I knew who he was, no thinking of salesman A or consultant B - it was simply - OH Hey, Glad to hear from you.

That instant recongnition and easy feeling wouldn't have come from other communities.

Cheers
PvtParts
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,876 posts
Armorama: 1,120 posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2005 - 05:32 AM UTC
Just goes to show ya..not another site like this in the world.
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2005 - 08:43 AM UTC
Scott, it was a pleasure talking to you today as well. I have to agree it was a comforting feeling and we have to do it again sometime soon. It was nice to put a voice to "SLODDER." I had found myself wanting to talk to you all about projects and things like we have done so many times in emails and pm's. Mary and I talked about this for awhile after we got off the phone. I think she will drop by your neck of the woods this holiday season when she is down that way. By the way whats there to do in Cary? Any model shops? She wants to know!!! I do stay in contact with a few members here on the phone and have to say this really is a family. And Scott, looking forward to our next call, expect to hear a lot about modeling :-) Cheers Kevin
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2005 - 09:13 AM UTC
It really is good to be able to talk to people from the site, myself, i use this Skype program on the PC, its amazing that i can talk to people all over the world instantly.
Except when the fortiers ring me i dont usually answer with a "Oh hey, glad to hear from you" do i lads :-)
Cheers
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2005 - 04:21 PM UTC
Cheers Kevin

Well - model shops in Cary pickins are slim. But for us Diorama Folk there is a very nice RR shop (Toms Trains) that has a ton of diorama products, plaster, molds, paints, plastruct, brass tubes, WS line of products, Buildings in - HO and O scale (1/72 and 1/48 ), and tools. Definitely worth a trip. Hungates is the closest thing to it but they're way to expensive.

I digress from the family theme. This TomsTrain visit will of course happen when two Armorama members meet face to face! You guys are always welcome, just drop me a call or email!

What a Great Place to Be
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2005 - 05:18 PM UTC
Nice way guys nice way !!!!!I know what familiarising means !!!!
 _GOTOTOP