_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
In the Stalingrad shadows
Gatekeeper
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 142 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 07:51 PM UTC
Hey everyone! :-)

I just finished watching "Enemy at the Gates" (very awsome movie!) and one of the last sences is a russian sniper (Vassili) hiding out at a rail way repair staion in Stalingrad. The dio is... some train tracks completely covered by rouble from the surounding factories. Near the water tower under sheets of rusted metal in a dig out area for repairing trains is Vasilli's hunter, a German sniper, Konig. There he waits near the burned out wood supports. There is mud and dirt everywhere. On the other side if the dio is Vassili waiting for his chance to see Konig. Vassili lies behinde a small wall with a couple of knoked out briks with his sniper barrel rapped in rags bearly showing. He lies on a pile of rubble waiting for a sign.
the diorama will have factories around the edge and one one side or one corner there will be the water tower and Konig. Maby a knocked out tank and some factory suplies with some train peices here and there.
I hope to start it after I send in my photos for the contest.
Ill send some photos of my progress

Thanks

Cris
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 08:50 PM UTC
Gatekeeper

Sounds to me as a very big project
And a very good on too I liked the movie very very much so I`m curious what the finishing result will be

like to see more about that in the future
Keep us updated when you are starting

GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 10:01 PM UTC
I can almost taste and smell the atmosphere !
Makes me think of Anders' dio with the water tower...
Jan
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 1,958 posts
Armorama: 1,003 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 10:47 PM UTC
LOL! Such a coincidence! I just saw this movie again last saturday, it was on the cable tv....
That's a theme I'd like to see....
Hope you post some pics here....and good luck on your project.
Cheers
lifestyle
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 340 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 08:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

just finished watching "Enemy at the Gates" (very awsome movie!) and one of the last sences is a russian sniper (Vassili) hiding out at a rail way repair staion in Stalingrad. The dio is... some train tracks completely covered by rouble from the surounding factories. Near the water tower under sheets of rusted metal in a dig out area for repairing trains is Vasilli's hunter, a German sniper, Konig. There he waits near the burned out wood supports. There is mud and dirt everywhere. On the other side if the dio is Vassili waiting for his chance to see Konig. Vassili lies behinde a small wall with a couple of knoked out briks with his sniper barrel rapped in rags bearly showing. He lies on a pile of rubble waiting for a sign.
the diorama will have factories around the edge and one one side or one corner there will be the water tower and Konig. Maby a knocked out tank and some factory suplies with some train peices here and there.
I hope to start it after I send in my photos for the contest.
Ill send some photos of my progress

Described like I was at the movies
Branden
 _GOTOTOP