_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
SIGNAL
REMEARMR
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 443 posts
Armorama: 357 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 07:50 AM UTC
Does anybody know of a site that has pictures or articles form the German propaganda magazine "Signal". I would like to have a few copies of it lying around in a dio and I know towards the later stages of the war they had pinups in to boost morale and remind the troops of home (these were highly sort after by the allies as well apparently).
Also on the subject of propaganda does anybody know of a site that shows British propaganda? Or maybe British advertisments from that period.
Many Thanks
Robbo
ukgeoff
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,007 posts
Armorama: 703 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 09:20 AM UTC
This may help Rob. This site has achive photos from Signal, most in colour.

http://oldeagle.pp.se/reich/index.htm

TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,718 posts
Armorama: 1,130 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 10:21 AM UTC
Hi,

PROPAGANDA LEAFLETS OF THE SECOND WORLD WAR

HTH
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 08:47 PM UTC
Robbo,
When my dad was a student (in the early 1950's), he bought the complete volumes of all Signals ever produced. Those are four years bound in leather (about 4 fingers thick each), the rest are loose numbers. You still find loose numbers at flea markets in Belgium occasionally. However, I can't remember ever having seen any pinups in there . I'll check that tonight. Next thing you'll tell me that I have to file them with my hidden collection of Playboy to avoid incidents with our (muslim) cleaning lady ! :-)
The latest editions have more color pictures than those of 1939 through 1943, though.
REMEARMR
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 443 posts
Armorama: 357 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 06:50 AM UTC
GF,
I have a hard back book that shows some of the signal pictures throughout the war.
The picture I saw that was described as a pinup was not blonde with long legs and, well you know what I mean. She was in fact a german girl on the beach in a bikini (still not bad though!), I suppose for that time and the fact they were in a war she was a welcome sight.
Hell maybe even your muslim cleaning lady would be considered as one.
Robbo
ps If you are unsure about the cleaning lady post pics in a pinup pose for our opinions
 _GOTOTOP