_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Trumpter's new KV a real treat!
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,315 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 18, 2005 - 10:01 PM UTC
Hi, Even while vowing not to build any other kit till I get the Dragon Panzer IV Ausf. E and the R.R. car I plan to put it on done, I just had to sit down the last couple of days and build this new Trumpter KV "Ehkanami" that I picked up at the hobby shop last week end.

And I am not disappointed in the least for doing so. A great build! Just love all those big bolted armor "plates" that can be glued on teh sides, making this model a real wild looking piece of AFV history. And for less than $20 it's a real bargain in my opinion.

In fact, if the paint job turns out as good as I hope, think I will go that extra mile and add a set of those lovely Fruil metal track links to it to really set it off. Maybe even add a dio to it sometime down the road.

Take care, Sgirty
jpzr
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 316 posts
Armorama: 270 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 18, 2005 - 11:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi, Even while vowing not to build any other kit till I get the Dragon Panzer IV Ausf. E and the R.R. car I plan to put it on done, I just had to sit down the last couple of days and build this new Trumpter KV "Ehkanami" that I picked up at the hobby shop last week end.

And I am not disappointed in the least for doing so. A great build! Just love all those big bolted armor "plates" that can be glued on teh sides, making this model a real wild looking piece of AFV history. And for less than $20 it's a real bargain in my opinion.

In fact, if the paint job turns out as good as I hope, think I will go that extra mile and add a set of those lovely Fruil metal track links to it to really set it off. Maybe even add a dio to it sometime down the road.

Take care, Sgirty

I agree about this kit. I bought one two Saturday's ago and finished it up yesterday. Nice build (albeit with a modicum of shimming required).
I didn't even think about replacing the kit tracks with Friuls. If there was ever a kit that didn't need AM kits, this is it as the link & length pieces in the kit build up quite nicely.
Diablo
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
Armorama: 433 posts
Posted: Monday, December 19, 2005 - 01:27 AM UTC
glad to hear you take a turn for the better,as you had no luck with other trumpeter kits.but its true, with some kits of the same brand you can have different encounters,but the KV series are really nice.put up some pics when you got the paintjob done will you,because i have that kit too ,always good too see what other builders turn out.

greetz jeroen,.
 _GOTOTOP