_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Easy Zimmerit?
Torchy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,016 posts
Armorama: 1,187 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 01:11 AM UTC
Hi all,
just read TMMI mag issue # 123 jan 06, in which Peter Usher builds the Dragon late Tiger 1 ,OOB with a new (to me ) easy way to apply the feared zimmerit.
He uses a Wickes SOLVENT FREE "Forget nails" instant grab adhesive, and a junior hacksaw blade,he says he zimmed the tank in 1 1/2 hours,and it looks very impressive.
You must use the SOLVENT FREE or you'll end up with a heap of melted plastic, and if you mess it up, you can wash it off under a warm tap!! (it starts to cure after about 5 mins).
This looks a dam sight easier than the messy and time consuming milliput way ,and a hell of a lot cheaper than the AM kits.
I am going to give this a go when I start my late Tiger
Check the mag out it's worth it

RotorHead67
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,174 posts
Armorama: 772 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 03:06 AM UTC
No thanx, I'll stick to Cavalier and be done with zimmerit in 15 minutes, and it'll all look the same when done.
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,161 posts
Armorama: 542 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 03:16 AM UTC
Hmm, sounds interesting. Is that stuff sold on this side of the pond does anyone know, possibly under a different name? Would like to get some of that, sounds like it'd be easier than putty and when I try doing zim I'll go with the easiest way (aside from AM stuff). Thanks for the tip!
 _GOTOTOP